Answers please?

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

ryesmith
Apprentice
Apprentice

Answers please?

Post by ryesmith »

Can anyone tell me how the following results make any sense?

Ghan vs Blue Nile
As: 28-4
Bs: 19-1

Tied on Points with Polonia for the championship (Div 4). Polonia +7 and +4 in both As and Bs respectively.

Do we have any grounds to investigate this or do we just accept this?
Last edited by ryesmith on Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Answers please?

Post by MegaBonus »

Was there an official ref for the A's game?
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

ryesmith
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ryesmith »

Not sure what the details were at their game.

But understandably, a few shattered people down here, including myself. I don't believe it, but without making accusations, just want to know if there are any viable avenues of investigation to pursue.

LosMerengues20
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LosMerengues20 »

Don't know who they played but there should've been a card check. Have a history of playing unregistered players

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

ZegnaArmani wrote:Can anyone tell me how the following results make any sense?

Ghan vs Blue Nile
As: 28-4
Bs: 19-1

Tied on Points with Polonia for the championship (Div 4). Polonia +7 and +4 in both As and Bs respectively.

Do we have any grounds to investigate this or do we just accept this?

classic, aren't they both African clubs?
Last edited by spooky1972 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

How do you know the score is legit?? Surely someone is winding you guys up?!

ryesmith
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ryesmith »

I wish it was. Called League HQ. All confirmed.

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

You would have to check the SAASL rules.
Agia Lavra 1821!

the_gun
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by the_gun »

surely the federation will annul those scores. this is the most blatant cheating you'll ever see.

ryesmith
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ryesmith »

Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:You would have to check the SAASL rules.
They exist?

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

I coached an U15 side a few years back in the FFSA and we beat Beverley 27-0, it is possible, but I don't think so in this case. Considering Blue Nile had 30 put past them all year and then to concede 28 in one game is slightly hard to believe.

However, was it a Blue Nile / Polonia thing and Ghana just played? Surely a coach would not allow such a thing to happen in a side he was in charge of.

Both clubs should be relegated to the lowest division.... but you still have to admit it is funny they would even try such a stunt
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by spooky1972 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Die Toten Hosen
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Die Toten Hosen »

spooky1972 wrote:aren't they both African clubs?
No.
Lesbische, schwarze behinderte sind alle furchtbar nett.

Die Toten Hosen
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

spooky1972 wrote:but you still have to admit it is funny they would even try such a stunt
Only a few weeks ago two African clubs score 50+ goals in one game.

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Die Toten Hosen wrote:
spooky1972 wrote:aren't they both African clubs?
No.
Ghan is Afghan!!! not like fking Ghana in africa ffs!!!
lol :lol:
Blue nile is African, South Sudan ....

sounds like the biggest fix of the year this game
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Call a spade a spade they cheated give 3-0 and 3-0 and Polonia win
Are you Bodo in disguise?

ryesmith
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ryesmith »

Knight15 wrote:Call a spade a spade they cheated give 3-0 and 3-0 and Polonia win
Would certainly make sense but has taken away from what should have been a great day.

Look forward to hearing the referees report or side of things.

Absolute joke.

Irishglover
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Irishglover »

Surely any official ref would notice a team throwing a game like that. As was said they only conceded 30 all season yet get hammered in both games enough that ghan win both leagues. Polonia must have some way to contest the result and see if the ref has anything to say about the game

reddevil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by reddevil »

Irishglover wrote:Surely any official ref would notice a team throwing a game like that. As was said they only conceded 30 all season yet get hammered in both games enough that ghan win both leagues. Polonia must have some way to contest the result and see if the ref has anything to say about the game

Get rid of them all - Far.king over all these cheating bar.stards no place for them in our game

reddevil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by reddevil »

Die Toten Hosen wrote:
spooky1972 wrote:but you still have to admit it is funny they would even try such a stunt

CAN WE HONESTLY TAKE YOU SERIOUS -

when you quote the follow as subscript to your posts.

which roughly translates to black disabled lesbians are terribly nice

Die Toten Hosen
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

reddevil wrote:
Die Toten Hosen wrote:

It says blacks, disabled and lesbians can be nice people too. It's a play on political correctness going too far, ie, just because you are in one of those minorities doesn't mean you can play the race/disabled/persecuted card when you don't get your way.

yorkey
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by yorkey »

reddevil wrote:
Die Toten Hosen wrote:

I have no idea about his subscript - but he is correct about 2 games in a Nigerian Amatuer comp being fixed with results of 79-0 and 67-0 reported in the Sydney Morning Herald
"The results have sparked outrage, an indefinite suspension of the four clubs involved in the games, and an investigation into match-fixing by the Nigeria Football Federation"

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/football/79 ... z2eIU0p4vy

Plympton Doggie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Plympton Doggie »

If it helps the league cancelled both games of adelaide young stars so did any of them suit up?

The real thing
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The real thing »

This is the ultimate disgrace that these two clubs, The Ghan & Blue Nile, are making a mockery of the SAASL. I do know that FIFA has very strict rules for contrived results between clubs ( up to 1 year suspension), so let's hope the SAASL also has the same policy. Polonia, who I don't have any affiliation to, should feel very aggrieved that their players aren't celebrating as being champions. Some players only get it once it a lifetime, so I hope these two, so called clubs, don't get away with this. This is also so important that higher league clubs also stand up to this.
Last edited by The real thing on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Die Toten Hosen
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

The real thing wrote:This is the ultimate disgrace that these two clubs, The Ghan & Blue Eagles, are making a mockery of the SAASL.
Blue Eagles haven't done anything.

yorkey

Post by yorkey »

The real thing wrote:This is the ultimate disgrace that these two clubs, The Ghan & Blue Eagles, are making a mockery of the SAASL. I do know that FIFA has very strict rules for contrived results between clubs ( up to 1 year suspension), so let's hope the SAASL also has the same policy. Polonia, who I don't have any affiliation to, should feel very aggrieved that their players aren't celebrating as being champions. Some players only get it once it a lifetime, so I hope these two, so called clubs, don't get away with this. This is also so important that higher league clubs also stand up to this.
Agree and i also have no ties with Polonia - except it was Blue Nile not Blue Eagles

ryesmith
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ryesmith »

The real thing wrote:This is the ultimate disgrace that these two clubs, The Ghan & Blue Eagles, are making a mockery of the SAASL. I do know that FIFA has very strict rules for contrived results between clubs ( up to 1 year suspension), so let's hope the SAASL also has the same policy. Polonia, who I don't have any affiliation to, should feel very aggrieved that their players aren't celebrating as being champions. Some players only get it once it a lifetime, so I hope these two, so called clubs, don't get away with this. This is also so important that higher league clubs also stand up to this.
Yep. Regardless if we get this overturned, it's spoilt a great night which we can't get back.

We will be lodging a formal, written enquiry about this and I hope that justice prevails.

We did have a reserves player go to their ground during the First Team game who reported an even contest with 0 goals scored in the 10-15 mins he was there.

Appreciate the support and I hope the league is able to investigate.

reddevil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by reddevil »

ZegnaArmani wrote:
Yep. Regardless if we get this overturned, it's spoilt a great night which we can't get back.

We will be lodging a formal, written enquiry about this and I hope that justice prevails.

We did have a reserves player go to their ground during the First Team game who reported an even contest with 0 goals scored in the 10-15 mins he was there.

B

I am sure all of us who value the game and the ethics and rules that underlie the sport totally agree that something underhand has gone on and that Polonia are the rightful champions of both 4A and 4B

Congratulations Polonia and wish you every success with getting this travesty overturned.

Irishglover
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Irishglover »

reddevil wrote:
ZegnaArmani wrote:

B

I am sure all of us who value the game and the ethics and rules that underlie the sport totally agree that something underhand has gone on and that Polonia are the rightful champions of both 4A and 4B

Congratulations Polonia and wish you every success with getting this travesty overturned.
Totally agree. Polonia definitely deserved the title and have been robbed of the opportunity to celebrate their achievement. I doubt it will be the same even if it is awarded to them at a later date

palla
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by palla »

Knight15 wrote:Call a spade a spade
How appropriate :lol:

POLONIAROCS
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by POLONIAROCS »

looking forward to SAASL reply to the situtaion. Its time liek this you dont want to play soccer again. I never thought it could happen in this country.