MOUNT BARKER UNITED SOCCER CLUB PRE SEASON

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

crusader
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

MOUNT BARKER UNITED SOCCER CLUB PRE SEASON

Post by crusader »

The Mount Barker Utd Soccer Club enter unchartered territory as their first team join the !st division of the CSL .We will be starting our pre season on wed 15 Jan at our home ground Cornerstone College Mt Barker. We welcome new players and returning old faces . We have a comprehensive program and some very testing trial games against teams like The Blue Eagles , The Adelaide Wanderers , The Southern Breakers to name but a few. Come along and join the fastest growing soccer club in the hills and help us stake our claim and put The Crusaders on the map
Last edited by crusader on Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

POLONIAROCS
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: MOUNT BARKER UNITED SOCCER CLUB PRE SEASON

Post by POLONIAROCS »

Crusader - is that meant to read 15th January for the start of pre season?

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

I'm assuming your club has no issue in not providing insurance for the friendlies.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

how about whats happening at noarlunga bp. any news out of your club. :?:

Dash Riprock
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dash Riprock »

Not that old " you're not insured if you play FFSA v SAASL" bull cabernet again?
Glad to see BP is looking after everyone elses issues..... I'm sure these clubs are fully aware of what they are doing but thanks for looking after us all :roll:

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

Dash Riprock wrote:Not that old " you're not insured if you play FFSA v SAASL" bull cabernet again?
Glad to see BP is looking after everyone elses issues..... I'm sure these clubs are fully aware of what they are doing but thanks for looking after us all :roll:
Anytime :D

Saasl will insure their clubs but the FFSA won't . As per the email sent to all FFSA/CSL clubs last year

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

bloodypassit wrote:
Dash Riprock wrote:Not that old " you're not insured if you play FFSA v SAASL" bull cabernet again?
Anytime :D

Saasl will insure their clubs but the FFSA won't . As per the email sent to all FFSA/CSL clubs last year
I bet you used to dob on your friends at school 'miss, miss Johnny is eating in class'
Are you Bodo in disguise?

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

Quite the opposite ... I was the one stirring trouble... Lol!!

Cruie
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Cruie »

Just to correct any ... misunderstanding ;)

All players (and officials etc) at an FFSA affiliated club are covered to participate in any and all official club events* (providing they are "registered" with the club in question). That includes all training activities.

So, as far as I am aware, playing in a friendly match organised/sanctioned by the club - regardless of the opposition - is covered (under "organised training" if nothing else): http://www.gowgatessport.com.au/football/

There is, apparently, an issue concerning referees in FFSA v SAASL matches (or, indeed, SAASL v FFSA). That issue might revolve around "insurance" (it's a bit difficult to find someone official who can tell you exactly what the "problem" is). Last I heard, on this bit of the tangled web someone wove, is that FFSA Affiliated Refs have been told they are not allowed to ref "friendlies" between SAASL and FFSA teams (this despite the fact that the insurance - linked above - specifically mentions that referees are covered, just like players at the individual affiliated clubs).

However, the same has - apparently - not been said to SAASL refs (who are, apparently, allowed to ref games involving FFSA clubs and are - apparently - insured to do so).

... Which rule a ref who is a "member" of both organisations is following ... IDK.

* Or how else would Buzzer be allowed to work the BBQ?! ;)