Mawson Lakes SC pre season

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

MLSC
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Mawson Lakes SC pre season

Post by MLSC »

MLSC Preseason kicks off tonight, 6:30 sharp. Corner of Mawson lakes boulevard and main north road. On the footy pitch. All players welcome.

Dissapointment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Mawson Lakes SC pre season

Post by Dissapointment »

You are training on a thursday? Arent you playing on a sunday though? Is it only 1 session a week?

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Dissapointment wrote:You are training on a thursday? Arent you playing on a sunday though? Is it only 1 session a week?
Why does playing Sundays mean that training can't be a Thursday?

Dissapointment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dissapointment »

Bacon888 wrote:
Dissapointment wrote:You are training on a thursday? Arent you playing on a sunday though? Is it only 1 session a week?
Well, if you are training twice a week its the general run of things to train wed/friday. Not a necessity, but its a tried and tested method for getting money into the amateur club (friday night bar takings). Once a week its understandable, as to spread out the training and playing time period. Hence the rest of my question.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Dissapointment wrote:
Bacon888 wrote:
Well, if you are training twice a week its the general run of things to train wed/friday. Not a necessity, but its a tried and tested method for getting money into the amateur club (friday night bar takings). Once a week its understandable, as to spread out the training and playing time period. Hence the rest of my question.
Always had Tuesdays and Thursdays at Elizabeth Downs whilst I was there (they have changed it recently)....think it works better for training for Sunday teams sometimes.
ie. lots of lads want to head out for the nightscene..AU games on Friday nights so they don't hang around much anyway.
Bit of swings and roundabouts
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Dissapointment
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dissapointment »

Well, its whatever works for your club really. It was intended as a straightforward question as to why Thursdays and was it only 1 session a week, wasnt reaaaallly expecting such staunch defence of Thursday as a training option!

MLSC
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by MLSC »

Unfortunately with the Mawson lakes recreation complex not being complete until august 2014, we're in a position that we have to hire grounds. So financially 1 session per week is the most viable option. As to training Thursdays, it is the only night we could get a ground as the cricketers use it Wednesday and Friday. Training during the season will be on Wednesdays while the footy club use it Tuesday and Thursdays.

With the strong possibility of finalizing a sponsorship agreement with 'the local' in the coming weeks Friday will potentially have monthly official gatherings there and weekly unofficial team bonding sessions.

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

I was always under the impression that most Sunday teams trained Tuesday and Thursday. I know there are a few out there that train Wednesday and Friday.......

....... Could be wrong of course, I've only ever trained Tuesday and Thursday personally.
HA'WAY THE LADS

Crazylegs
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Crazylegs »

Yep it's whatever works for your club. Payneham Postel training Tuesday and Thursdays but while we share the grounds with the cricket team most of pre-season it's Tuesday and Friday. Before we merged Postel trained Tuesday and Friday now the guys hate training Fridays.

mr bigglesworth
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mr bigglesworth »

whats training??

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Outlaw 2.0 wrote:I was always under the impression that most Sunday teams trained Tuesday and Thursday. I know there are a few out there that train Wednesday and Friday.......

....... Could be wrong of course, I've only ever trained Tuesday and Thursday personally.
Every Sunday club I've played with over the last 20 odd years has trained on Wednesday and Friday nights.
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Hatchet Squad wrote:
Outlaw 2.0 wrote:I was always under the impression that most Sunday teams trained Tuesday and Thursday. I know there are a few out there that train Wednesday and Friday.......

Every Sunday club I've played with over the last 20 odd years has trained on Wednesday and Friday nights.
Predominantly a Southern thing.....the other side of Gepps Cross tended to be Tuesday-Thursday as far as I can remember ie 1971-1993....came South to Noarlunga Lions in 1994 and they were Wednesday-Friday....
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook