Adelaide City vs Sturt marion

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Fitball
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Adelaide City vs Sturt marion

Post by Fitball »

Anyone see the game on the weekend? Was there much separating the two teams? Sturt Marion reserves got punished.. What's happened?

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Adelaide City vs Sturt marion

Post by adam »

was a good tight game... City had more and better chances but SM's defence resisted stoutly.

photos: http://80kms.smugmug.com/Sports/FFSA201 ... 06ACYvSTU/

Tyga
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Tyga »

Yes, I went out and watched.
Both City and SM looking very sharp!
SM has come a long way since last year with quick passes and a very good level of fitness. City looks much the same as they always do, strong and quick!

Southern star
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Southern star »

Fitball wrote:Anyone see the game on the weekend? Was there much separating the two teams? Sturt Marion reserves got punished.. What's happened?
Did anyone see the west Adelaide v uni game? Westies had their keepers and two big names out and still spanked uni......

City were good but sturt reserves had a bad game that's all, certainly much stronger than they were last year so I'm sure things will turn around for them fitball

Rey Mysterio
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Rey Mysterio »

One of the Sturt girls received a straight red in the first 10 minutes, just where out-numbered on the field after that. Sturt showed good resolve to keep fighting to the end.

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

Southern star wrote:
Fitball wrote:Anyone see the game on the weekend? Was there much separating the two teams? Sturt Marion reserves got punished.. What's happened?
Did anyone see the west Adelaide v uni game? Westies had their keepers and two big names out and still spanked uni......

City were good but sturt reserves had a bad game that's all, certainly much stronger than they were last year so I'm sure things will turn around for them fitball
I saw the Uni v WA game and it was a very credible performance by a Uni team averaging in age close to the youngest player on the park for WA (this is not a dig at WA but an encouraging sign for the youngsters at AU).

When you ask if anyone saw the game and state a three goal margin was a "spanking" I assume you didn't see it then.

Fitball
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Fitball »

Southern star wrote:

Ahh Mr T Was mearly asking a question, you shouldn't take things so personally... At the end of the day it is what it is. Genuinely hope they pick themselves up as a lot of work has Been applied there..

As for the uni game it was a ripper! Goal for goal right till the last 15minutes! There's a really positive, hard working vibe at the uni camp, all working together for future success in the next two to three years. :D

the barbarian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the barbarian »

fitball, did you see the WA v Uni game? goal for goal?? it was 2 nil WA were Dominating could have been 5 nil then for 10 min AU scored a lucky goal which bounced off the keepers chest, then scored a good goal from set piece free kick, to make it 2_2 then WA dominated again and won 5-2. but anyway was a good game.

Southern star
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Southern star »

Lucas Leiva wrote:
Southern star wrote:

I saw the Uni v WA game and it was a very credible performance by a Uni team averaging in age close to the youngest player on the park for WA (this is not a dig at WA but an encouraging sign for the youngsters at AU).

When you ask if anyone saw the game and state a three goal margin was a "spanking" I assume you didn't see it then.
The score night not reflect a spanking but let's be honest west Adelaide were all over uni, much like today's game will be I'm sure. I'm disappointed I won't be at the uni game today and even though westies have a couple of big names out again I think uni will be lucky to get on the score sheet with west Adelaide having their keeper back. I'm not taking anything away from the young girls at uni, they have some great players that have a fantastic future in front of them I just feel uni are lacking through their middle. Either we way best of luck to all the teams in the cup today I look forward to seeing some results :)

Southern star
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Southern star »

Lucas Leiva wrote:
Southern star wrote:

The score night not reflect a spanking but let's be honest west Adelaide were all over uni, much like today's game will be I'm sure. I'm disappointed I won't be at the uni game today and even though westies have a couple of big names out again I think uni will be lucky to get on the score sheet with west Adelaide having their keeper back. I'm not taking anything away from the young girls at uni, they have some great players that have a fantastic future in front of them I just feel uni are lacking through their middle. Either we way best of luck to all the teams in the cup today I look forward to seeing some results :)