Postponing games

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

MLSC
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Postponing games

Post by MLSC »

Mawson Lakes Soccer club currently have what we think would be an unplayable pitch. Is there a process that needs to be followed to get a game postponed or is it purely up to the referee?

We have let our opponent know where we stand at this stage but that's as far as we have gotten.

Being our first year we would appreciate some assistance in how to go about it.

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Postponing games

Post by Azzurri80 »

Toughen up and play Mawson, you're playing with the big boys now. :wink:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's the ref's call, however I'm more of a do what ever the coach says and drink beer later kind of guy, but I'm sure someone here can clarify.

I vaguely remember a time when we use to play in ankle deep water. Stupid, but fun. Bring back those days I say! :lol:

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

Basically if both clubs agree the game is postponed, or you turn up and roll the dice with the Ref making the decision, usually the ressies postpone and the As let the ref decide.

MLSC
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by MLSC »

We have found an alternative venue. Games will be played at...

Para hills west soccer club
Manor farm
Northbri ave
Salisbury east.

The Wise Monkey
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The Wise Monkey »

MLSC wrote:We have found an alternative venue. Games will be played at...

Manor farm
Northbri ave
Salisbury east.
Well done :)

The Gully
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by The Gully »

Manor farm
Northbri ave
Salisbury east.
Not that it effects me but I think it's crazy PHW would let another club play on their pitch, it is a notoriously bad pitch in wet weather and the week they play away and get half a chance for their pitch to recover, someone else churns it up for them. Good luck playing there next week.

PASC
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PASC »

Sheite talker wrote:

Manor farm
Northbri ave
Salisbury east.
Not that it effects me but I think it's crazy PHW would let another club play on their pitch, it is a notoriously bad pitch in wet weather and the week they play away and get half a chance for their pitch to recover, someone else churns it up for them. Good luck playing there next week.
lol...thats why its amateurs... we play on mostly shitty grounds, in the rain, in the cold etc...
God is an Englishman wrote: As for me being a tosser on this forum, it's not just on the forum. I'm a tosser in real life as well.

Token Pom
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Token Pom »

Centrals v Seaford has been postponed. Great day outside for game day but it was called off by Centrals yesterday due to supposed waterlogged pitch.
I'm annoyed on two fronts: One is that it's obviously rubbish and probably due to a religious event. Second is that our representative agreed to postpone when clearly it should be left to the referee on the day! If it was myself taking the call I would have made this point clear, turned up on the day, and going on past experience and some of the dreadful pitches we have had to play on, the game would have gone ahead!
Like most, I just want to have a kick on a weekend, but the Amateur League must be taken seriously by all parties and the rules that are in place followed to ensure it does not continue to be the farce it clearly has become.
"When the seagulls… follow the trauler. Its because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea"

pecker
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by pecker »

All Grove home games have been cancelled, referee official inspected pitch and deemed it unsafe.
most of the pitch is under water.

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

pecker wrote:All Grove home games have been cancelled, referee official inspected pitch and deemed it unsafe.
most of the pitch is under water.
Same ref that inspected brahma this morning. First team only allowed on the pitch to play today
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

MLSC-B's
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by MLSC-B's »

Sheite talker wrote:

Manor farm
Northbri ave
Salisbury east.
We only used the second pitch not the main pitch.
Guess we are lucky that Westies are happy to help a new club in their first season. And if some nice person hadn't decided to use our pitch for an off road track last week it probably would have been in better condition.
So we say a huge thanks to Westies who not only let us use their ground but also opened up their club r for us.
Isn't this what amateurs is about. Getting out and playing football ?

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Token Pom wrote:Centrals v Seaford has been postponed. Great day outside for game day but it was called off by Centrals yesterday due to supposed waterlogged pitch.
I'm annoyed on two fronts: One is that it's obviously rubbish and probably due to a religious event. Second is that our representative agreed to postpone when clearly it should be left to the referee on the day! If it was myself taking the call I would have made this point clear, turned up on the day, and going on past experience and some of the dreadful pitches we have had to play on, the game would have gone ahead!
Like most, I just want to have a kick on a weekend, but the Amateur League must be taken seriously by all parties and the rules that are in place followed to ensure it does not continue to be the farce it clearly has become.
For this to be true, their next four games will have to be postponed lol
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78