England cricket team lol

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: England cricket team lol

Post by C U Next Saturday »

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:57 pm
C U Next Saturday wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:11 pm why would Larwood need to apologise to New Zealand, India and West Indies as England played them before playing Australia since Bodyline and as you said " Larwood refused to apologise to the Australians "
He never bowled fast leg theory to them.
But he missed the tests after Bodyline which England played New Zealand, India and West Indies. Therefore his last test was against Australia in the Bodyline series.

So I mentioned apart from the not wanting to apologise , He was disillusioned, confused and exhausted after the tour, nursing serious injuries and haggling with the tight-fisted MCC to cough up the money for treatment,

Even the English did not spare him, disowning him and questioning his motives, tactics and spirit with in the game.....

are part of the reason he retired from test cricket

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

C U Next Saturday wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:36 am
C U Next Saturday wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:11 pm why would Larwood need to apologise to New Zealand, India and West Indies as England played them before playing Australia since Bodyline and as you said " Larwood refused to apologise to the Australians "
But he missed the tests after Bodyline which England played New Zealand, India and West Indies. Therefore his last test was against Australia in the Bodyline series.

So I mentioned apart from the not wanting to apologise , He was disillusioned, confused and exhausted after the tour, nursing serious injuries and haggling with the tight-fisted MCC to cough up the money for treatment,

Even the English did not spare him, disowning him and questioning his motives, tactics and spirit with in the game.....

No, the reason he retired was because he wouldn't apologise to australia. He was told to apologise or he would never play for England again. He refused and effectively retired.

He continued playing county cricket though.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:43 pm

No, the reason he retired was because he wouldn't apologise to australia. He was told to apologise or he would never play for England again. He refused and effectively retired.

'Awkesy was there at the time, didn't you all know? ;-)
Ignore this signature

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Bomber wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:00 pm

Maybe Old Master is GIAE

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:00 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:43 pm

I would like to have been.

I have read many books on the subject..

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:19 am Innings win, inside 3 days for England at the weekend.
Annoys me a bit the vastly significant differences in results when Tests are held only days apart.
Makes for an unpredictable series though
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Broad becomes the 2nd highest fast bowling wicket taker of all time.

Top 2 both English now.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

We clinch another series win tomorrow. What a turnaround.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:09 pm We clinch another series win tomorrow. What a turnaround.
England win by 9 wickets.

Series won. 3 series wins in a row.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

I can't see australia (or India) not appealing on that one.

Wade would have been out. Guess we won anyway.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:47 pm I can't see australia (or India) not appealing on that one.

Put it this way, if england did appeal, I wouldn't have argued. Wade had a brain fade and should have been given out. Was clear interference.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:22 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:47 pm I can't see australia (or India) not appealing on that one.

Put it this way, if england did appeal, I wouldn't have argued. Wade had a brain fade and should have been given out. Was clear interference.

I think the right decision was made all round. It was a friendly and a 20/20, let it go. Had it been the main event, appeal and he's gone.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

So I guess the next question is why was Wade blatantly cheating in a T20 friendly, is he mentally ill ?

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

N5 1BH wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:42 pm So I guess the next question is why was Wade blatantly cheating in a T20 friendly, is he mentally ill ?
no just over exuberant in trying to protect his wicket . is the england captain mentally ill in not appealing for it ?
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Just Dave now wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:17 pm
N5 1BH wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:42 pm So I guess the next question is why was Wade blatantly cheating in a T20 friendly, is he mentally ill ?
no just over exuberant in trying to protect his wicket . is the england captain mentally ill in not appealing for it ?

Hahaha - over exuberant.

A nothing warm up game. Maybe it was a ploy to play until the final over to experience more of the death of a game.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:58 pm

Hahaha - over exuberant.

A nothing warm up game. Maybe it was a ploy to play until the final over to experience more of the death of a game.
tell that to the whingeing curran

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Just Dave now wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:53 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:58 pm

Hahaha - over exuberant.

tell that to the whingeing curran

When did he whinge? I read that he said that he agreed with Buttler but would do it differently if it was a competetive game.

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Amazing GIAE hasn't critizied Wade for attempting to cheat for obstructing the field(credit to England for not appealing)or is because England are the only test playing nation to have a player dismissed in test , 50 over and 20/20 for obstructing the field .

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

C U Next Saturday wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:29 pm Amazing GIAE hasn't critizied Wade for attempting to cheat for obstructing the field(credit to England for not appealing)or is because England are the only test playing nation to have a player dismissed in test , 50 over and 20/20 for obstructing the field .
He wasn't attempting to cheat, he did cheat. It's a 20/20 friendly, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it though.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:17 pm
C U Next Saturday wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:29 pm Amazing GIAE hasn't critizied Wade for attempting to cheat for obstructing the field(credit to England for not appealing)or is because England are the only test playing nation to have a player dismissed in test , 50 over and 20/20 for obstructing the field .
He wasn't attempting to cheat, he did cheat. It's a 20/20 friendly, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it though.
only cos you won the game.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Just Dave now wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:26 pm
Imagine the whingeing if they lost :lol:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Cooper wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:32 pm
Personally, if I did what Wade did, then looked up at the screen to see what I had actually done (upon reflection) I would have walked. That would have been the right thing to do and in the correct spirit.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

None. We'd have laughed reninded you that cheating is in your DNA and then laughed more because it was a nothing game. You're obsessed runner up.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

I generally don't care about friendlies, let alone T20 friendlies.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:14 pm
None. We'd have laughed reninded you that cheating is in your DNA and then laughed more because it was a nothing game. You're obsessed runner up.
Oh the irony

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:29 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:14 pm
Oh the irony
I agree, well done on being self aware.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

506/4 on day one, only 75 overs bowled as well.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:44 pm 506/4 on day one, only 75 overs bowled as well.
Surely would have broke the world record if another 15 overs were played

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Unreal batting. No slogging just pure batting and without root doing anything. Bowling was poor and quick outfield but still a remarkable effort. Brook to me looks like a star in the making.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

C U Next Saturday wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:08 am Unreal batting. No slogging just pure batting and without root doing anything. Bowling was poor and quick outfield but still a remarkable effort. Brook to me looks like a star in the making.
During the T20 WC the commentators all said he was a real talent , 100 from 80 balls he looked pretty impressive.

He's a Tyke following in the footsteps of Joe Root another great Yorkshireman.