England cricket team lol

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: England cricket team lol

Post by God is an Englishman »

Just Dave now wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:19 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:34 pm
Just Dave now wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:49 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:16 am
Just Dave now wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:57 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:32 pm

I have never played test cricket somof course he has more runs on the board than me.

A bit braver, he backed away and then refused to play. That's not needing to be "a bit braver" but nice try.
refused to play then did play and still caned you afterwards. no helmets back then so i suppose all those wearing helmets now are cowards as they might get hit in the head
I've never worn a helmet to play cricket but I wouldn't call it cowardice to wear protective equipment that can save your life.

Average halved due to his cowardice.
so you admit a cricket ball constantly aimed at your head without a helmet can heighten the chances to kill you ?
I would think that an argument might be there to show that wearing a helmet could increase the chances of you being killed by a cricket ball. I would be intrigued to hear the stats on this.
huh ? so why do you think all batsmen wear them albeit they often take them off for slow bowlers now and then ? not sure what stats you could use to prove that they were potentially more fatal than not
The stats of how many people died not wearing a helmet and how many died wearing one...obviously.

As for wearing a helmet and why. It may change people's confidence level on taking on a short ball. Without a helmet you would duck, with it you may take it on. The risk of being hit has now increased by wearing a helmet.

Like a helmet in boxing, it gives a false sense of security.

As I said, I have never worn one.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:33 am
Just Dave now wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:57 am

refused to play then did play and still caned you afterwards. no helmets back then so i suppose all those wearing helmets now are cowards as they might get hit in the head
I've never worn a helmet to play cricket but I wouldn't call it cowardice to wear protective equipment that can save your life.

so you admit a cricket ball constantly aimed at your head without a helmet can heighten the chances to kill you ?
I would think that an argument might be there to show that wearing a helmet could increase the chances of you being killed by a cricket ball. I would be intrigued to hear the stats on this.
huh ? so why do you think all batsmen wear them albeit they often take them off for slow bowlers now and then ? not sure what stats you could use to prove that they were potentially more fatal than not
The stats of how many people died not wearing a helmet and how many died wearing one...obviously.

As for wearing a helmet and why. It may change people's confidence level on taking on a short ball. Without a helmet you would duck, with it you may take it on. The risk of being hit has now increased by wearing a helmet.

then you have to take into account matches played and averages , still think anyone who didnt wear them whilst getting bodylined can be called a coward but its clear you cant handle an aussie legend being better than anything your own country produced so you have to find fault somewhere to make you feel better. even our best bowler warney you cant help but label him a drug cheat even though most , even poms , recognise how brilliant he was
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Just Dave now wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:43 am

then you have to take into account matches played and averages , still think anyone who didnt wear them whilst getting bodylined can be called a coward but its clear you cant handle an aussie legend being better than anything your own country produced so you have to find fault somewhere to make you feel better. even our best bowler warney you cant help but label him a drug cheat even though most , even poms , recognise how brilliant he was
He was a good bowler, ben johnson was a good sprinter, lance armstrong was a good cyclists.

Facts are - he was a drug cheat.

No one wore a helmet during bodyline, only one refused to play, only one was spottee backing away scared.

I repeat, I would be interested to see the stats on helmets.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

@ Hawksey

I repeat, I would be interested to see your evidence proving Bradman 'refused to play because he was a coward'
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:11 pm @ Hawksey

I repeat, I would be interested to see your evidence proving Bradman 'refused to play because he was a coward'
When did you ask the first time?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Quickest and easiest source to provide is In Quest of the Ashes by DR Jardine.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

did Bradman admit this to Jardine or did Jardine have the power to read his mind?
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:36 pm did Bradman admit this to Jardine or did Jardine have the power to read his mind?
The evidence was there to see.

Imagine if the only way to be found guilty of something was to admit it. We wouldn't need any prisons.

I'm surprised "australians" don't know this. It's very common knowledge that Bradman was scared of quick bowling and pulled out of the first test because of those issues.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:50 am

He was a good bowler, ben johnson was a good sprinter, lance armstrong was a good cyclists.

No one wore a helmet during bodyline, only one refused to play, only one was spottee backing away scared.

lol comparing steroid users to a headache tablet , you are too obvious and quite clearly jealous . think they call it tall poppy syndrome and you have it in droves
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Just Dave now wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:24 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:50 am

lol comparing steroid users to a headache tablet , you are too obvious and quite clearly jealous . think they call it tall poppy syndrome and you have it in droves
If you don't even know what he was caught taking then you're not really worthy of my time.

Thanks for playing..

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

God is an Englishman » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:41 pm
MegaBonus wrote: ↑Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:06 pm
did Bradman admit this to Jardine or did Jardine have the power to read his mind?

Imagine if the only way to be found guilty of something was to admit it. We wouldn't need any prisons.

how apt the you reference the burden of proof required to find someone guilty.....how silly of an Englishman not to understanding a fundamental principle developed in English courts........

unless you can prove it, its just an opinion, which is inadmissible.

last time....can YOU prove he:
  • was a coward?
  • refused to play?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:24 pm
God is an Englishman » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:41 pm
MegaBonus wrote: ↑Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:06 pm

how apt the you reference the burden of proof required to find someone guilty.....how silly of an Englishman not to understanding a fundamental principle developed in English courts........

unless you can prove it, its just an opinion, which is inadmissible.

last time....can YOU prove he:
  • was a coward?
  • refused to play?
Yes

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

^^^^^
Then do so,!!!!!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:56 am ^^^^^
Then do so,!!!!!
Yes, the video shows he was scared of the fast ball. Douglas Jardine saw it and commented on it as did many journalists after seeing him bat against Eddie Gilbert. Eye witness accounts.

It is also a statement of fact that he pulled out of the first test of the bodyline test and refused to play.

All facts for you there.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Then do so,!!!!!
He wont as he cant and never does. He is of the "cause i said so" is proof enough club.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:54 am
Then do so,!!!!!
He wont as he cant and never does. He is of the "cause i said so" is proof enough club.
See above

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

God is an Englishman wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:57 am
Then do so,!!!!!
See above
Exactly, its you proving my point. The cause i said so defense with no actual evidence.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:05 am
Then do so,!!!!!
See above
Exactly, its you proving my point. The cause i said so defense with no actual evidence.
Eye witness statements.

Take a look at the scorecard for the first test and tell me how many runs Bradman scored.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

God is an Englishman wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:21 am
Then do so,!!!!!
See above
Eye witness statements.

Take a look at the scorecard for the first test and tell me how many runs Bradman scored.
Still just talking with nothing to back it up as usual.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:24 am
Then do so,!!!!!
See above
Eye witness statements.

I can just see you in court and saying there's no evidence against me. The eye witness statements and video showing it don't prove anything.

GUILTY, SEND HIM DOWN.

How many runs did Bradman score in the first test of the 32/33 series?

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

God is an Englishman wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:26 am

See above
Eye witness statements.

I can just see you in court and saying there's no evidence against me. The eye witness statements and video showing it don't prove anything.

GUILTY, SEND HIM DOWN.

Considering you arent an eye witness nor have shown any eye witness statements and havent shown any videos or evidence youd be laughed out of court.

Once you provide the evidence as requested multiple times your question may get answered.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:30 am

See above
Eye witness statements.

GUILTY, SEND HIM DOWN.

Considering you arent an eye witness nor have shown any eye witness statements and havent shown any videos or evidence youd be laughed out of court.

Once you provide the evidence as requested multiple times your question may get answered.
The eye witness statements have even been referenced.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

God is an Englishman wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:18 am

Eye witness statements.

GUILTY, SEND HIM DOWN.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:20 am

Eye witness statements.

GUILTY, SEND HIM DOWN.

You mean the referenced eye witnesses.

3 times asked, 3 times refused. Deflection and refusal. Typical cooper when beaten.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

God is an Englishman wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:21 am

GUILTY, SEND HIM DOWN.

3 times asked, 3 times refused. Deflection and refusal. Typical cooper when beaten.
Oh the irony.

Lost count how many times youve dodged and deflected showing proof of your claims.

Still yet to see any evidence of what you have claimed. Should be pretty simple for you to get and back up your opinions.

Not once have you ever beaten me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:27 am

GUILTY, SEND HIM DOWN.

Oh the irony.

Lost count how many times youve dodged and deflected showing proof of your claims.

Still yet to see any evidence of what you have claimed. Should be pretty simple for you to get and back up your opinions.

Twice today alone

You have been given the eye witnesses and they've even been referenced.

"I'd rather leave Brisbane with 2 ducks than 2 broken ribs". Guess which coward said that?

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

God is an Englishman wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:34 am

Oh the irony.

Twice today alone

"I'd rather leave Brisbane with 2 ducks than 2 broken ribs". Guess which coward said that?
Haha maybe in your own mind but we all know that doesnt count.

Where? Ive seen no link to anything which you have claimed, your opinion and words me nothing as usual. You would make a terrible lawyer, but judge i said so, so thats evidence enough.

Probably yourself id say.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:40 am

Oh the irony.

Twice today alone

Where? Ive seen no link to anything which you have claimed, your opinion and words me nothing as usual. You would make a terrible lawyer, but judge i said so, so thats evidence enough.

Both are obvious.

In Quest of the Ashes by DR Jardine. It's a thing called a book, have you ever read one?

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

God is an Englishman wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:04 pm

Oh the irony.

Twice today alone

Both are obvious.

In Quest of the Ashes by DR Jardine. It's a thing called a book, have you ever read one?
Yes obviously that you lost, glad you agree.

Yes

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:05 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:04 pm

Oh the irony.

Twice today alone

Both are obvious.

Yes obviously that you lost, glad you agree.

Yes
Your best argument is "I know I am but what are you". No wonder showing you up isn't even a challenge.

Read that book for all your evidence.

4th time - How many runs did Bradman score in the first test of 32/33 series?