Raptors Pre season

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Raptors Pre season

Post by COLOSSUS »

MATTY6 wrote:
COLOSSUS wrote:Very saddened to hear of the Raptors fall from Div 2. After a few so close yet so far attempts at Promotion not too long ago, the fact the team succumbed the way it did is heartbreaking. Some of those leads that turned to draws and even defeats have come back to bite a proud club in the butt. BUT, a proud club never lies down and me thinks there is still another year or 2 left in some of the Raptor legends like the Captain Kouzaps, the Matern brothers, Zan, Petrou (depending on his knee???) and the like.

So im putting forward a motion that asks for all these players to hang around for 1 more season so we can get the club back to where it belongs at the very least which is Div 2. I will endeavor to work around my commitments at Olympic to make myself available for Sundays at least to help the promotion cause. Hopefully the club will appoint a coach in due course that will also attract a few new players to help aid us old fellas and with our experience and their fresh legs, there is no reason why we cannot get the club back into Div 2!!! Whose in???

I take it Jim is no longer required / or he decided time to go!

I am sure given the right group of individuals Jim would be an excellent coach.
If you believe a group of individuals is what actually makes an excellent coach, then you are sadly disillusioned my friend but where did I mention Jim anywhere??? I think you will find Jim has stepped down from his post at Raptors hence my comment "Hopefully the club will appoint a coach in due course..." :wink: For the record, Jim is a great guy and even though I didn't have anything to do with him at Raptors this season, I wish him all the best and I personally believe he needs to do his coaching within the clubs of the FFSA where he is better suited and where he could better define a successful coaching career. I'm sure Amateur football would of been an eye opener for him, very to different to what he's been used to over the past 20 odd years :wink: :D
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW WNID UP KING

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

On Holiday wrote:I believe Jim has signalled his intention to move on as a coach and he will be sorely missed. Some of our younger players have benefited from having him as coach and I believe that it may be a one step back, 2 step forward result for the club as a result of his input.

He inherited a player list that had been decimated by retirements, loss of players to premier leagues & injuries and developed a team using alot of youngsters and a couple of us older guys that decided to delay retirement for another year to help out. Whoever takes over as coach will benefit from his reign at the club and the work he has done with the young guys. Had we finished off our games when we had match winning leads we could have been pushing for promotion, unfortunately there wasnt enough experience in the team to hold these leads.

Going to miss the banter on the park Matty, you were always pretty good at it!
Well said On Holiday, but as for missing the banter with Matty on the park, your only going to miss it for 1 year :wink:
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW WNID UP KING

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

the worse part now is we at southern knights have to listen to matty about the goal he scored.......

adelaide man
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by adelaide man »

COLOSSUS wrote:Very saddened to hear of the Raptors fall from Div 2. After a few so close yet so far attempts at Promotion not too long ago, the fact the team succumbed the way it did is heartbreaking. Some of those leads that turned to draws and even defeats have come back to bite a proud club in the butt. BUT, a proud club never lies down and me thinks there is still another year or 2 left in some of the Raptor legends like the Captain Kouzaps, the Matern brothers, Zan, Petrou (depending on his knee???) and the like.

So im putting forward a motion that asks for all these players to hang around for 1 more season so we can get the club back to where it belongs at the very least which is Div 2. I will endeavor to work around my commitments at Olympic to make myself available for Sundays at least to help the promotion cause. Hopefully the club will appoint a coach in due course that will also attract a few new players to help aid us old fellas and with our experience and their fresh legs, there is no reason why we cannot get the club back into Div 2!!! Whose in???

Actions speak louder than words, lets see how many games Colossus plays, even better how many game he can play without a red card !! :mrgreen:

all great players but if the Raptors rely on the old hands ,the club will stay in div 3,

where are the new recruits over these two years ? with a high profile coach you would think he would attract quality players ,or cant the club keep good players :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

adelaide man wrote: Actions speak louder than words, lets see how many games Colossus plays, even better how many game he can play without a red card !! :mrgreen:

all great players but if the Raptors rely on the old hands ,the club will stay in div 3,

where are the new recruits over these two years ? with a high profile coach you would think he would attract quality players ,or cant the club keep good players :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Didn't Tsekinis give you a run?

The club had a few new recruits this season.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

from the games I saw, Jim certainly had the respect of everyone around him. When you've played at his level then there should be no question of that. Not too many people playing in SA have played in the world club championships or against man u.

His communication seemed spot on as well, the way he spoke and instructed players during the game seemed very clear as well. From the side that I saw I was very impressed with him.

And not once did I hear him shouting DEE PLANE BOSS, DEE PLANE!!

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

True, although that would make a good T-Shirt :wink:
Are you Bodo in disguise?

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

Congratulations to James Margaritis who took out the Div 2 Player of the Year award

Even more impressive considering the Raptors got relegated this year.

Im pretty sure hes the first ever player from our club to take out the player of the year so well in James!

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

maxin in the shade wrote:Congratulations to James Margaritis who took out the Div 2 Player of the Year award

Even more impressive considering the Raptors got relegated this year.

Im pretty sure hes the first ever player from our club to take out the player of the year so well in James!
Well done James...Raptors C-Team also won their Division.
Hope you guys get behind Raptors and lift the Club back...Jim Viglis, one of the backbones and founders of the Club looked a little despondent last night....first time that Raptors have ever been relegated.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

Love the ressies video.

Gold.

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

who won the B&F's?

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

any word on who will be coaching the a's next year?

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

thought it has already been announced????

thats my mail

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

When does pre-season start?

Unusually quiet from the Raptors boys this year...

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

there will be a BBQ meet and greet on the night of Tuesday 31st of Jan to introduce the new A's coach and also the new Committee

Would love to see you out there LFTWNG11!

adelaide man
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by adelaide man »

Hey, Colossus Raptors training will start soon
see you there !! :mrgreen:

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Raptors FC will begin their pre season on Tuesday the 31st of January at trinity gardens primary school from 6.30pm.

This will give all the players the opportunity to meet new senior coach Arthur (Aki) Mihalopoulos and also the new committee for the new season.

The session will include a light kick around followed by a barbeque and drinks.

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

pre-season training has been going really good so far

great numbers coming out to each session and the new coaches have made trainings much more enjoyable (without sacrificing workrate/intensity)

looking forward to see how we go in Div 3 this year

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

maxin in the shade wrote:pre-season training has been going really good so far

great numbers coming out to each session and the new coaches have made trainings much more enjoyable (without sacrificing workrate/intensity)

looking forward to see how we go in Div 3 this year
You will do very well
Are you Bodo in disguise?

ikon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ikon »

Good luck to the boys for the year ahead. It will be a tough year ahead but lets see what the new breed of raptor has in them.

I'm sure i'll see you guys in a few cameo training appearances during the year where i get a chance....damn i'm missing some of the banter ...

after reading some other topics i'm glad some new faces have joined the comitee and coaching staff and not let the club self destruct because of 1 bad season. Shows some real friendships bond this club it also doesnt hurt to put up a net, fetch a few balls or help in some way

Good luck Aki and Co .

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

^^^^^^

Great to see 'the ikon' back posting on FN

its been too long mate

would love to see you out there on the training track at some stage mixing it up with us older folk!

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Raptors Pre season

trial v Red Blue Eagles

c's 0 - 2 raptors

b's 1-3 raptors

a's 1-0 rbe

Popov vromgolarov
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Popov vromgolarov »

are we getting any closer to seeing a return of you to the pitch Maxin?

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Popov vromgolarov wrote:are we getting any closer to seeing a return of you to the pitch Maxin?
i was hoping to have a run last weekend, but the saturday kick-off killed it

and i thought it might be this week, but it looks like I’ll have to delay it another week - so cancel the streamers and banners

ikon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ikon »

maxin seems like your more re-laxin these days...

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

did a former captain come out and train last night yet his brother had a small cough and couldnt make it

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

ikon wrote:maxin seems like your more re-laxin these days...
these tired old legs cant do what they used to - at least not on a soccer pitch

im still a menace on the dancefloor though :D

looking forward to having a few runs in the C's with some of the other veterans this year

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

bloodypassit wrote:did a former captain come out and train last night yet his brother had a small cough and couldnt make it
thats true

hopefully the other brother will get over the illness that is his runny nose and make it out for a bit

:wink:

adelaide man
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by adelaide man »

adelaide man wrote:

Hey, Colossus Raptors training will start soon
see you there !! :mrgreen:

Hey Colossus ,Season is about to start ,which games have you penciled in ????
but hey ,if last years player of the year and others have left and taken no ownership ,why should you !

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

@ adelaide man

with a grand total of 35 posts, why have the majority been negative towards the raptors???
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill