Controversity Aside Metro vrs Adelaide City

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

richoman
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Controversity Aside Metro vrs Adelaide City

Post by richoman »

The Major Story from yesterday`s Metro /Adelaide City Season deciding match ,
should be the size of the crowd attendance .The number of supporters from both clubs and the number of Neutral Spectators drawn to the Women`s Game.
The professional manor in which The Metro Women`s F.C set up and catered the event ,given their limited facilities and resources ,should also be applauded .

It goes to show what is possible when a Club is truly focused on the "Club as a whole "
and not on individual agendas .
Sport not only builds character - It reveals it

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Controversity Aside Metro vrs Adelaide City

Post by scipio africanus »

I heard over 400 plus spectators in attendance.

Despite the controversy, there is a silver lining in every cloud.

ball_girl
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by ball_girl »

silver lining or not - if the spectators are going to get abusive towards players as it sounds like in the other post (wasn't at the game so pure speculation on my part), I'd rather play a game with no spectators.

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scipio africanus »

ball_girl wrote:silver lining or not - if the spectators are going to get abusive towards players as it sounds like in the other post (wasn't at the game so pure speculation on my part), I'd rather play a game with no spectators.
Unfortunately one individual crossed the line (pardon the pun) :D

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

I believe the crowd number was closer to 500. Sold out of just about all food.

And yes, if one person hasn't wrecked it for everyone, it would have been an amazing day for Womens football in this state. Let's hope there is a similar crowd, if not bigger, and just as good a game in the Cup Final next week!

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

Many people commenting on this incident are forgetting that there are THREE things that require scrutiny. That is, the spectator running on to the field and the Metro player who kicked the City girl lying on the ground. To add, to that the referee and assistant referee who failed to discharge their duty to protect players from this kind of violence. Let's get it all in perspective and not just focus on one part of it.

Snow White, I did not see any spectators attack the Metro player or hear any intimidatory threats towards players. It was the referees who copped the verbal sprays for not taking control of the situation and sending off the Metro girl.

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

United We Stand wrote:Many people commenting on this incident are forgetting that there are THREE things that require scrutiny. That is, the spectator running on to the field and the Metro player who kicked the City girl lying on the ground. To add, to that the referee and assistant referee who failed to discharge their duty to protect players from this kind of violence. Let's get it all in perspective and not just focus on one part of it.

Snow White, I did not see any spectators attack the Metro player or hear any intimidatory threats towards players. It was the referees who copped the verbal sprays for not taking control of the situation and sending off the Metro girl.
The only thing we should focus on is that the match officials and relevant tribunals are the sole arbiters of what happens on the pitch and not vigilante individuals who seek their own form of justice. Two wrongs don't make a right. For spectators to enter a field of play and cause the game to be abandoned is a very serious offence. Even more serious is spectators who enter the field of play and intentionally physically interferewith a player.

United We Stand, thank god you are neutral. Unfortunately i was not at the game to witness the actual advents. i have only sought to gather the truth from your unbiased perspective. We can also thank god for video technology that provides proof undeniable of what actually happened.