Rangers v Celtic

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Not In The Mood
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Rangers v Celtic

Post by Not In The Mood »

:lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Good to see good prevailing over evil.

The Bourne Identity
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Bourne Identity »

Evidence of that is in the league table.
I can't put my finger on it but I think my avatar looks like Jay Walking.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Bomber wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 8:53 am Only as good as your last game. ;-)
Only as good and as bad as the current season. Check out the league table. ;-)

If there was ever a perfect time to lose heavily to your biggest rivals that was the one.

It was sore at the time but history will only remember the double/potential treble.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

not quite the same in edinburgh with hibs and hearts, the bells of saint fenians, ;-) :-)

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Another year another Treble. Poor game though.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

eagleboy wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:14 pm Another year another Treble. Poor game though.
I'd love to hear your opinion on how you think one are good and the other bad

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Celtic 3-1 Inverness CT

Scottish Cup Final 2022-23

I know your all waiting for it. Celtic Secure Historic 8th Treble.

Ange Postecoglou’s side secured a 41st success in the Scottish Cup by defeating Inverness Caley Thistle at the National Stadium. More importantly, the victory allowed Celtic to complete their fifth domestic clean sweep in seven seasons and take their total to a world-record number of eight.

https://youtu.be/3iWIidgPhio

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foo ... d-30147698

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

eagleboy wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:14 pm Another year another Treble. Poor game though.
Agree that Celtic were far from their fluent best but very difficult when Inverness packed all of their players behind the ball until the last ten minutes or so. No issue with them doing so as they were never going to play an open game of football.

Thankfully the second half improved as the first half showing was woeful, the Kyogo goal apart. Great cross for the Inverness goal, their only attempt on target. Celtic's passing game became more fluent as the opposition players tired.

All being said both teams probably got what they wanted- Celtic won the trophy and Inverness avoided a thumping.

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

if that game is an example of Angeball I don't think he'll be top of the Spurs list

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

I dont mind these two at all as Ange replacements.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/23 ... -revealed/

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Probably not the right thread (Rangers v Celtic) but here is my tuppence worth just the same.

I loved Brendan Rodgers as Celtic manager until he did the unthinkable- he left us in the lurch and many hold him responsible for failing the club in their quest for ten in a row.

To leave a club mid-season is pretty much the most dishonourable thing you could do, unless the club asks you to resign.

Rodgers has burnt his bridges at Celtic, so much so that I would be livid if Celtic even consider tempting him back.

All the sweet talk from Rodgers about the possibility of a return one day was designed to soften us up, it clearly hasn't worked and very few would wish to see him back at Celtic Park.

I think Graham Potter would be a good fit, though other names are under serious consideration such as Enzo Maresca (Man. City reserve manager) and David Moyes. I'm not convinced Moyes would want the move as he seems settled at West Ham.

Celtic should continue to search for someone who can get the team to play with not only with the same attacking flair as Postecoglou, but also to improve on their defensive play, which has been their achilles heel for years.

It's An Injustice
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by It's An Injustice »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:47 pm To leave a club mid-season is pretty much the most dishonourable thing you could do, unless the club asks you to resign.
You can't have it both ways.
What does the fox say?

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:47 pm Probably not the right thread (Rangers v Celtic) but here is my tuppence worth just the same.

I loved Brendan Rodgers as Celtic manager until he did the unthinkable- he left us in the lurch and many hold him responsible for failing the club in their quest for ten in a row.

To leave a club mid-season is pretty much the most dishonourable thing you could do, unless the club asks you to resign.

Rodgers has burnt his bridges at Celtic, so much so that I would be livid if Celtic even consider tempting him back.

All the sweet talk from Rodgers about the possibility of a return one day was designed to soften us up, it clearly hasn't worked and very few would wish to see him back at Celtic Park.

I think Graham Potter would be a good fit, though other names are under serious consideration such as Enzo Maresca (Man. City reserve manager) and David Moyes. I'm not convinced Moyes would want the move as he seems settled at West Ham.

Celtic should continue to search for someone who can get the team to play with not only with the same attacking flair as Postecoglou, but also to improve on their defensive play, which has been their achilles heel for years.
It's just business. Rodgers knows the system and is proven. I would take him back. It doesn't mean you don't check out the other options. It wasn't the first time a coach has left mid-season and Celtic were compensated well, I'm sure.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

thebeautifulgame wrote: ↑Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:17 pm

domestically or europe???
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

MegaBonus wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:06 pm
thebeautifulgame wrote: ↑Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:17 pm

domestically or europe???
Apologies- meant the next step up in Europe. Celtic domestically were pretty solid until the latter stages when the bad habits started to resurface. Celtic can afford to be slack at the back domestically and get away with it most weeks. Playing mediocre teams week in/week out is part of the problem as they are expected to jump to the next level in Europe.
Don't like knocking the Scottish game though as it is all relative to finance, resources, sponsors etc.
I prefer my club to play with flair (as we normally do) but we are often too slack at the back and this haunts us in Europe, not only away but also at home.

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

Celtic should take back Brendan Rodgers in a heartbeat

he's a better manager than Postecoglou and has a better record overall

I think their fans would forgive him if he continues to win trophies and have invincible seasons
he's also part of their brethren

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

eagleboy wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:47 am
thebeautifulgame wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:47 pm Probably not the right thread (Rangers v Celtic) but here is my tuppence worth just the same.

It's just business. Rodgers knows the system and is proven. I would take him back. It doesn't mean you don't check out the other options. It wasn't the first time a coach has left mid-season and Celtic were compensated well, I'm sure.
We will just have to agree to disagree on this one. Celtic were compensated well?- What price the holy grail of 10 in a row? This would have been priceless, something that money can't buy.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:51 pm man u v man c isn't even the biggest in the NW, let alone England, Let alone Britain or the world.

As for liverpool v everton :lol:
how about millwall v charlton athletic at coldblow lane :?:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

theorakle wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:30 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:51 pm man u v man c isn't even the biggest in the NW, let alone England, Let alone Britain or the world.

As for liverpool v everton :lol:
how about millwall v charlton athletic at coldblow lane :?:
Not even the biggest in SE London.

Who even dislikes the trainspotters?

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Rangers 0 v Celtic 1 at Ibrox today with the noon kick-off in the Glasgow sunshine.
As expected Rangers got out the blocks quick- so quick they thought they had gone ahead after forty seconds but the goal was correctly disallowed for an offside infringement.
Slowly but surely Celtic started to take control of the game with captain MacGregor pulling the strings in midfield. Kyogo got himself in to a couple of wonderful positions to score but was unusually wasteful. Rangers appeared to have taken the lead in the 28th minute when Roofe smashed the ball past Hart but the goal was controversially disallowed as VAR intervened and the referee was called to the screen. Referee Robertson decided there was a foul on the Celtic defender Lagerbielke, who was extremely fortunate as he dithered on the ball and was caught in possession!
Just when it looked like 0-0 at half-time Kyogo rediscovered his finishing prowess by striking a clinical low shot from the edge of the box in to the net of the 'keepers' right hand side.
The second half possession was mostly dominated by Rangers and they had numerous corners and a couple of big chances but could not break through the Celtic defence. They huffed and puffed but couldn't find a way through the resolute Celtic defence.
Joe Hart and Liam Scales were the main reason for the clean sheet though some could argue the official could also have played a part.
Prior to the game I would have settled for a draw as Rangers were expected to show a big reaction at home to their understrength opponents.
A big three points lost by Rangers- from here on in I can only see Celtic getting stronger.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

And to think celtic think all the refs are against them.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:02 am Rangers 0 v Celtic 1 at Ibrox today with the noon kick-off in the Glasgow sunshine.
As expected Rangers got out the blocks quick- so quick they thought they had gone ahead after forty seconds but the goal was correctly disallowed for an offside infringement.
Slowly but surely Celtic started to take control of the game with captain MacGregor pulling the strings in midfield. Kyogo got himself in to a couple of wonderful positions to score but was unusually wasteful. Rangers appeared to have taken the lead in the 28th minute when Roofe smashed the ball past Hart but the goal was controversially disallowed as VAR intervened and the referee was called to the screen. Referee Robertson decided there was a foul on the Celtic defender Lagerbielke, who was extremely fortunate as he dithered on the ball and was caught in possession!
Just when it looked like 0-0 at half-time Kyogo rediscovered his finishing prowess by striking a clinical low shot from the edge of the box in to the net of the 'keepers' right hand side.
The second half possession was mostly dominated by Rangers and they had numerous corners and a couple of big chances but could not break through the Celtic defence. They huffed and puffed but couldn't find a way through the resolute Celtic defence.
Joe Hart and Liam Scales were the main reason for the clean sheet though some could argue the official could also have played a part.
Prior to the game I would have settled for a draw as Rangers were expected to show a big reaction at home to their understrength opponents.
A big three points lost by Rangers- from here on in I can only see Celtic getting stronger.

Rangers did not deserve to lose this one.
Celtic not the same and will struggle to win teh league this year.
Rangers would only get better, but Mr Beale - taking of the best player in Roofe, so early???
surely he is under the Pump now!
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:03 am And to think celtic think all the refs are against them.

Var being Var?
Both goals ruled out correctly, IMO
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:41 am Good to see good prevailing over evil.
Well Said!
8)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Michael wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:11 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:41 am Good to see good prevailing over evil.
Well Said!
8)

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:14 pm
Well Said!
8)

Why would you ask someone an opinion on quoting something you said? ;-)

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

Rodgers is definitely an upgrade on Postecoglou who couldn't win a game there last season, and Rodgers has conjured a win with a depleted squad.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

eagleboy wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:20 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:14 pm
Well Said!
8)

Why would you ask someone an opinion on quoting something you said? ;-)

Veey simole really. He quoted me so he must agree that one is good and one is evil.

Many people have ignored this question as they cannot justify their opinions.

Do you think one is good and one is evil?