Four nations - Rugby

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Four nations - Rugby

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:51 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:14 am
Bomber wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:30 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:24 pm
Bomber wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:14 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:20 pm

What's happened in women's cricket?
Look up the ending of england v India. I'm sure you have the ability and capacity to find out.
You don't keep a dog and bark yourself.

Strange that you would avoid the question though, are you cooper and sunny in disguise?
The issue here is your selectiveness in pointing out whingeing in sport. england have been rampantly whingeing about something that happened within the laws of the game. So you haven't read any Australian or british sporting media over the last few days? If not, now is a time to catch up. If you have, suggest it's time for another optometrist appointment.
What's happened in women's cricket?
Involves your national team that you so highly look up to, so go on, look it up. Oh, wait a minute, such an action might show your lot up (to be whingers), so best deflect to the "can't answer questions" tactic. Hmmm, I'll let it linger a bit longer I reckon.
What happened in women's cricket?

Explain to me what happened and then I'll give you my opinion.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:35 pm Lazy champagne

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/cricket-202 ... Ob_ztEPioS
Oh that, I assumed that something major had happened.

To Dean and England's credit, they still shook hands and congratulated India on the win, knowing that while frowned upon, the Mankad is a legitimate form of dismissal.
Heather Knight wrote:The game is over, Charlie was dismissed legitimately. India were deserved winners of the match and the series

So, can you help me find the whingeing?

My personal opinion is that whilst it's not in the spirit of cricket, it's a legitinate dismissal. Don't want to be run out, don't leave the crease.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:27 pm

To Dean and England's credit, they still shook hands and congratulated India on the win, knowing that while frowned upon, the Mankad is a legitimate form of dismissal.
Heather Knight wrote:The game is over, Charlie was dismissed legitimately. India were deserved winners of the match and the series

My personal opinion is that whilst it's not in the spirit of cricket, it's a legitinate dismissal. Don't want to be run out, don't leave the crease.
You wanted to know what happened - I showed you. There were plenty english observers who spat it, or whinged, as you like to put it. Look up Piers Morgan, Stuart Broad, Jack Russell tweets to name a few. I'm sure you have the capability.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:27 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:27 pm

You wanted to know what happened - I showed you. There were plenty english observers who spat it, or whinged, as you like to put it. Look up Piers Morgan, Stuart Broad, Jack Russell tweets to name a few. I'm sure you have the capability.

I found this. Seems you are backing up my comments that aussies don't actually understand the word "whingeing".
Stuart Broad wrote:I find the debate of the Mankad really interesting. So many views from either side. I personally wouldn’t like to win a match like that, also, very happy for others to feel differently

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

He also added: “A terrible way to finish the game.”

Jack Russell - "I still find it pathetic that you would want to win a match by Mankad running out someone.. the rules need to change to allow a warning... if you been warned, fine, stop taking advantage....captain could have warned non-striker"

TV personality and avid cricket fan Piers Morgan quickly took to Twitter after the decision.
He tweeted: “Absolutely pathetic way to ‘win’ a cricket match. The whole India team should be ashamed of themselves."

Noticeably, GIAE adopts the ABC media approach to quote only the bits that support their bias.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:19 am He also added: “A terrible way to finish the game.”

Jack Russell - "I still find it pathetic that you would want to win a match by Mankad running out someone.. the rules need to change to allow a warning... if you been warned, fine, stop taking advantage....captain could have warned non-striker"

TV personality and avid cricket fan Piers Morgan quickly took to Twitter after the decision.
He tweeted: “Absolutely pathetic way to ‘win’ a cricket match. The whole India team should be ashamed of themselves."

Noticeably, GIAE adopts the ABC media approach to quote only the bits that support their bias.

As the saying goes, you don't keep a dog.... so thanks for providing the quotes.

That was a direct quote from his twitter feed. I have not see the rest of his quote. However, it's not exactly a great way to finish is it?

Piers Morgan is paid to provide controversial opinions.

Jack Russell's is hardly a whinge here either. Suggesting that the convention of issuing a warning be written into the laws, how is that whingeing?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:55 am
Bomber wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:19 am He also added: “A terrible way to finish the game.”

As the saying goes, you don't keep a dog.... so thanks for providing the quotes.

That was a direct quote from his twitter feed. I have not see the rest of his quote. However, it's not exactly a great way to finish is it?

Jack Russell's is hardly a whinge here either. Suggesting that the convention of issuing a warning be written into the laws, how is that whingeing?
Maybe you need to look up the definition again. Or is it a case of people in glasshouses.......??

Bottom line - if Australia lose a game (technically within the rules) and apportion some blame elsewhere, its a whinge, according to you.
However if england dare "complain" about the manner of a sporting loss (again, technically within the rules), it's suddenly "they are paid to" or "its not really a whinge" etc etc.
Too obvious.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:05 am

Maybe you need to look up the definition again. Or is it a case of people in glasshouses.......??

Bottom line - if Australia lose a game (technically within the rules) and apportion some blame elsewhere, its a whinge, according to you.
However if england dare "complain" about the manner of a sporting loss (again, technically within the rules), it's suddenly "they are paid to" or "its not really a whinge" etc etc.
Too obvious.
The difference being - we're not suggesting we should have won. We're not blaming the refs/umpires.

Of the 3 names you gave me. Only one is whingeing, the paid to be controversial journalist.

You can do better than this.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:23 am

Too obvious.
The difference being - we're not suggesting we should have won. We're not blaming the refs/umpires.

Of the 3 names you gave me. Only one is whingeing, the paid to be controversial journalist.

You don't have to whinge about the ref/umpires specifically to be whingeing - surely you can see that (if you choose to open the other eye).
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:58 pm

Too obvious.

You don't have to whinge about the ref/umpires specifically to be whingeing - surely you can see that (if you choose to open the other eye).
Number 1 - I've never said the English don't whinge, merely the aussies do it more.

Number 2 - those English comments (aside from a paid controversial journalist) are accepting the win but suggesting rule changes. The rule change is to match the centuries old convention.

It's no surprise you can't see this. Your bias is too obvious.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

oh the whinge police is out again , the poms invented it mastered it and love to focus on it , like some sort of status symbol.
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Just Dave now wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:09 pm oh the whinge police is out again , the poms invented it mastered it and love to focus on it , like some sort of status symbol.
We clearly didn't master it.

We also don't focus on it.

Both of these are the aussies.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:16 pm
Just Dave now wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:09 pm oh the whinge police is out again , the poms invented it mastered it and love to focus on it , like some sort of status symbol.

yet you bring it up over and over , your obsession with it is overwhelming
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Just Dave now wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:21 pm

yet you bring it up over and over , your obsession with it is overwhelming

That's because I highlight when aussies do it as aussies re obsessed with the fact that everyone does it but them.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Glad you admit your a Pom. :clap:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

eagleboy wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:54 pm

Glad you admit your a Pom. :clap:
Pretty obvious that to you lot I am.

Proud to be English.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:00 pm

Too obvious.

Number 1 - I've never said the English don't whinge, merely the aussies do it more.

Number 2 - those English comments (aside from a paid controversial journalist) are accepting the win but suggesting rule changes. The rule change is to match the centuries old convention.

Talk about pot/kettle. But dont despair - it is well known that those who feel the need to constantly point fingers with such accusations of whingeing are usually the ones who have the biggest trouble with it from within, and by doing so, are merely whingeing (more) themselves.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:31 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:00 pm

Too obvious.

Talk about pot/kettle. But dont despair - it is well known that those who feel the need to constantly point fingers with such accusations of whingeing are usually the ones who have the biggest trouble with it from within, and by doing so, are merely whingeing (more) themselves.

I've never heard that so not very well known. Did you make it up yourself?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

^ you need to get out more often. Just because you aren't aware of it, is not my issue, but be thankful I picked it up and illustrated it for you. Your recent research skills have been well below par of late, so I am not that surprised.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:57 am ^ you need to get out more often. Just because you aren't aware of it, is not my issue, but be thankful I picked it up and illustrated it for you. Your recent research skills have been well below par of late, so I am not that surprised.

You don't keep a dog and bark yourself....

Perhaps you could direct me to this non existant research.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:42 am
Bomber wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:57 am ^ you need to get out more often. Just because you aren't aware of it, is not my issue, but be thankful I picked it up and illustrated it for you. Your recent research skills have been well below par of late, so I am not that surprised.

Its time you started to fend for yourself, or get a real pet (and learn to spell). :wave:
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:16 pm

Its time you started to fend for yourself, or get a real pet (and learn to spell). :wave:

I thought it was spelt correctly but the phone suggested that spelling. Maybe I've spelt it wrong in the past so it went with that.

Why would I need to fend for myself? You have stated something, I have asked you to back it up. That's your job, not mine.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:33 pm

I thought it was spelt correctly but the phone suggested that spelling. Maybe I've spelt it wrong in the past so it went with that.

Why would I need to fend for myself? You have stated something, I have asked you to back it up. That's your job, not mine.
You have asked, doesn't mean I have to do (anything). You have a choice, either accept my word, or look it up yourself if you have any issues with it.
How did you ever pass spelling at school, assuming you did actually pass? The number of times "spell check" or "fat fingers" excuses are wearing thin.
At least if you were pissed, you'd have a decent reason.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:11 pm

You have asked, doesn't mean I have to do (anything). You have a choice, either accept my word, or look it up yourself if you have any issues with it.
How did you ever pass spelling at school, assuming you did actually pass? The number of times "spell check" or "fat fingers" excuses are wearing thin.
There was no spell check on neither my English Literature or English Language exams.

As suspected, make something up and then fail to back it up. It's the "aussie" way.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:20 pm

There was no spell check on neither my English Literature or English Language exams.

As suspected, make something up and then fail to back it up. It's the "aussie" way.
I'm not your lackey. You need to start doing your own homework (for many reasons) for a change.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:23 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:20 pm

I'm not your lackey. You need to start doing your own homework (for many reasons) for a change.
I'm with you on this one, I couldn't find anything to back you up either.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Proof will be the next time you pipe up with (in your eyes) an Aussie whinge. Your obsession with it knows no bounds.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:29 am Proof will be the next time you pipe up with (in your eyes) an Aussie whinge. Your obsession with it knows no bounds.

Still can't back it up I see.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:19 am
Bomber wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:29 am Proof will be the next time you pipe up with (in your eyes) an Aussie whinge. Your obsession with it knows no bounds.

Still can't back it up I see.
You whingeing again?
Ignore this signature