Junior Development League

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Guest1233
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Junior Development League

Post by Guest1233 »

https://www.footballsa.com.au/news/foot ... ent-league

FSA launching a junior development league - is this timed to compete with Premier Academy League?

Who decides who will compete and be chosen? How does this work for kids joining new clubs in 2023? Or clubs where coaches have moved on?

Interested to know more about this…

SP999
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Junior Development League

Post by SP999 »

What is the Premier Academy League?

Guest1233
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Guest1233 »

Premier Academy League runs a summer comp and gala days throughout the season.

Kids can participate via the various academies who participate.

It’s not overly expensive (depending on the academy) for I think it’s a 6-8 week competition and it’s a great opportunity for kids to get some extra games and training.

https://www.premieracademyleague.com/adelaide

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

For some reason I’m reminded my of my dear old nan, she used to put cushion covers on the cushion covers to save the cushion covers

Guest1233
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Guest1233 »

Your witty reply is lost on me.

SP999
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by SP999 »

Guest1233 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:39 pm https://www.footballsa.com.au/news/foot ... ent-league

FSA launching a junior development league - is this timed to compete with Premier Academy League?

Who decides who will compete and be chosen? How does this work for kids joining new clubs in 2023? Or clubs where coaches have moved on?

Seems like another way to protect the "chosen ones" over other Junior players in SA.

Alagich & Co have a monopoly over state team selections all the way up to Adelaide Utd.

No kidding
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by No kidding »

SP999 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:29 am
Guest1233 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:39 pm https://www.footballsa.com.au/news/foot ... ent-league

Seems like another way to protect the "chosen ones" over other Junior players in SA.

Alagich & Co have a monopoly over state team selections all the way up to Adelaide Utd.
Have seen many lads perform better over the years at JPL level than some of the "chosen ones" yet come trial time do not even get a look in.

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

No kidding wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:00 am
SP999 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:29 am

Have seen many lads perform better over the years at JPL level than some of the "chosen ones" yet come trial time do not even get a look in.
You'll never be able to get rid of this, it will always come down to opinions, quite often kids that have been with the coaches in the past know what the coaches want & are looking for so they look more appealing to the coach, but not you or me standing on the sidelines.

It has always been like this, cant see a way it can change and it only gets harder when you get to seniors, I can only speak from personal experience there but try trialing for a coach as a GK and not knowing what type of GK they're after, same goes for every other position one would think.