World Cup 2022 Forum

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: World Cup 2022 Forum

Post by Nice One Cyril »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:04 pm
Rookie wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:58 am Hope the Argies can do it, have no allegiances but love what Messi has done for this wonderful game
I would echo your sentiments- nothing against the French but would be the perfect time for Messi to retire from international football with a win. He has been the most wonderful footballer in recent times. Ronaldo runs him close but for me Messi is pure genius and is not all about himself.

Whatever happens I hope it is a classic final and the best team wins on the day.
Wonderful player and I'm sure he gets fouled a lot, but how does he get away with so much, he's a protected species by the refs, they simply refuse to even give a free kick against him, never mind book him.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Protected? Nothing like Kane.

Take your blinkers off for just once, and just state how good he is without your usual caveat - great but....

Same with every goal that is scored, you find fault with a defender or GK or ref or....

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

zzz wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:42 am
Con M wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:45 pm
Arena Oaxaca wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:32 am 6 World cups
3 podium finishes
3.9 million people
Admired what 37-year-old Luka Modric and his team achieved.

But try these stats:

2022 Uruguay population 3,422,794.

Two World Cup crowns.

15(!) Copa America crowns.

And Straya’s 2006 World Cup golden generation beat Uruguay in the Qualifiers for that 2006 Tournament fair and square.

Why oh why do some on FB news so deride little Straya’s achievements? Are they posting from Zagreb or London?
Uruguay hasn't won a world cup for over 70 years, and there first win in 1930 only 13 teams turned up
a lot more people play the game now and there are a lot bigger countries in population than in 1950

Australia didn't beat the 1950 Uruguay team, it beat one of the worst Uruguay teams in transition in the past 50 years.

what an asinine comparison
Garbage zzzzz! With a player the calibre of Recoba in that squad which came 5th out of 10 countries in South America, you claim they were the worst Uruguay team? Are you f**k*ng nuts? Next you will want to be diminishing Uruguay’s most recent Copa America crowns.

After beating Denmark with the likes of Eriksen and Schmeichel, the country you hate (Straya) only lost 2-1 to World Champion Argentina 🇦🇷 in the Round-of-Sixteen. Straya threw everything at them and Behich’s astonishing run into their penalty area was only just deflected over the crossbar and then the kid Kuol nearly scored with almost the last kick of the game.

I ask again, as a Straya-hater and all things Strayan like your cousin Vanilla Arena, are you f**k*ng posting from overseas? F**k off!

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

Con M wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:52 am
3 podium finishes
3.9 million people

But try these stats:

Two World Cup crowns.

And Straya’s 2006 World Cup golden generation beat Uruguay in the Qualifiers for that 2006 Tournament fair and square.

Why oh why do some on FB news so deride little Straya’s achievements? Are they posting from Zagreb or London?
Uruguay hasn't won a world cup for over 70 years, and there first win in 1930 only 13 teams turned up
a lot more people play the game now and there are a lot bigger countries in population than in 1950

Australia didn't beat the 1950 Uruguay team, it beat one of the worst Uruguay teams in transition in the past 50 years.

Garbage zzzzz! With a player the calibre of Recoba in that squad which came 5th out of 10 countries in South America, you claim they were the worst Uruguay team? Are you f**k*ng nuts? Next you will want to be diminishing Uruguay’s most recent Copa America crowns.

After beating Denmark with the likes of Eriksen and Schmeichel, the country you hate (Straya) only lost 2-1 to World Champion Argentina 🇦🇷 in the Round-of-Sixteen. Straya threw everything at them and Behich’s astonishing run into their penalty area was only just deflected over the crossbar and then the kid Kuol nearly scored with almost the last kick of the game.

I ask again, as a Straya-hater and all things Strayan like your cousin Vanilla Arena, are you f**k*ng posting from overseas? F**k off!
Hey Con, posting from old Adelaide town, truong Nguyen in hand. Thanks

Out of interest Con, what’s your favourite snack?

These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:50 am Protected? Nothing like Kane.

Take your blinkers off for just once, and just state how good he is without your usual caveat - great but....

Same with every goal that is scored, you find fault with a defender or GK or ref or....

Kane is protected, when did this start happening?

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Arena Oaxaca wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:56 am
3 podium finishes
3.9 million people

But try these stats:

Two World Cup crowns.

Vanilla Arena, you ageist c**T! How are your cousins/apologists Not Nice Cyril and zzzzz? How is your hatred of Straya and all things Strayan you **nt features?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Nothing to do with goalscoring, he blatantly handballed in the Dutch game and nothing, he jumped into the French defender, nowhere near the ball and got given a free kick when he was at fault. Saint Leo gets all the decisions.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Con M wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:51 am
Arena Oaxaca wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:56 am
3 podium finishes
3.9 million people

But try these stats:

Two World Cup crowns.

Vanilla Arena, you ageist c**T! How are your cousins/apologists Not Nice Cyril and zzzzz? How is your hatred of Straya and all things Strayan you **nt features?
Hey Con, not nice cyril is good, he’s taking some time off over Christmas and I think he’s going away for a few days with the family. Zzz is also doing well, he’s looking at renovating the house so he’s excited about that. Hatred of straya and all things Strayan is ok, been a bit busy with Christmas coming up, but hoping to get back into it in the new year

Tell me, how is your son, old master? I haven’t heard from him lately, hope he is well.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:35 am

Not sure of excat date it started. But I have examples,

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Victor Meldrew wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:33 pm

I'd love to see them

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

*Vicky rummaging through her handbag trying to find the scrap piece of paper she wrote her examples on *

:lol:

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

Arena Oaxaca wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:15 pm *Vicky rummaging through her handbag trying to find the scrap piece of paper she wrote her examples on *

:lol:
potential lovers tiff in the making here
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

A great final. Well played by both. Two champions in Messi and Mbappe. The second Argentine goal was brilliant. Something you would expect on a PlayStation game.

This tweet has a Spanish and English commentary on the winning penalty. Quite a difference in passion.
https://twitter.com/BeefSmellingt0n/sta ... 0772763648
Last edited by eagleboy on Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:05 pm

I'd love to see them
Example 1

https://www.facebook.com/SkySports/vide ... 559960161/

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Victor Meldrew wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:17 pm

I'd love to see them
Example 1

I assume he got away with that, should have been a booking.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Interesting that in that thread it show where is foot is trod on and is a clear foul.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

IF harry Kane wasnt ex Millwall I think your defence of him wouldn't be as stromg.

I am too old/lazy/hot/tired to discuss this one at length. As EVERY decision is subjective to a point - but I, like many more believe he gets away with a lot - due to being England captain. Some even say because he is white and English helps him too.

Alan Shearer also got the same potection IMO

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Victor Meldrew wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:08 pm IF harry Kane wasnt ex Millwall I think your defence of him wouldn't be as stromg.

I am too old/lazy/hot/tired to discuss this one at length. As EVERY decision is subjective to a point - but I, like many more believe he gets away with a lot - due to being England captain. Some even say because he is white and English helps him too.

Alan Shearer also got the same potection IMO

I remember hearing that about Shearer, never heard it said about Kane until today.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Screenshot 2022-12-19 153927.jpg
Screenshot 2022-12-19 153927.jpg (90.74 KiB) Viewed 10982 times

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

eagleboy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:42 pm Screenshot 2022-12-19 153927.jpg
No Modric?????
:thumbdown:
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

A good comeback from France, pity about shocking goalkeeping in shootout, still congratulations to Argentina.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:53 pm

I'd love to see them
Example 1

A booking? Look at it again- how anybody can say big Harry deserves to stay on the park after a tackle like that is beyond me? It ticks all the boxes for a serious foul play offence. I would be interested to know why you think a yellow card only?

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

eagleboy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:59 pm A great final. Well played by both. Two champions in Messi and Mbappe. THe sesecond Argentine goal was brilliant. Something you would expect on a PlayStation game.

This tweet has a Spanish and English commentary on the winning penalty. Quite a difference in passion.
I agree- the type of final I was hoping for and both teams delivered a performance worthy of the occasion.
Also fantastic that the Referee was brave enough to call the big decisions without the intervention of VAR, he had a solid game and he and his officials had a positive impact on the match.
Best World Cup final I have ever seen and though I disagreed with awarding the event to Qatar I must say I enjoyed witnessing a major tournament without the hooligan element making headlines.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:04 pm
eagleboy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:59 pm A great final. Well played by both. Two champions in Messi and Mbappe. The second Argentine goal was brilliant. Something you would expect on a PlayStation game.

I agree- the type of final I was hoping for and both teams delivered a performance worthy of the occasion.
Also fantastic that the Referee was brave enough to call the big decisions without the intervention of VAR, he had a solid game and he and his officials had a positive impact on the match.
Best World Cup final I have ever seen and though I disagreed with awarding the event to Qatar I must say I enjoyed witnessing a major tournament without the hooligan element making headlines.
How good was DiMaria's game. He turned the clock back years with that performance.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Cyril always goes missing when you talk smack about his beloved Spuds & Harry..
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:50 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:53 pm

I'd love to see them
Example 1

A booking? Look at it again- how anybody can say big Harry deserves to stay on the park after a tackle like that is beyond me? It ticks all the boxes for a serious foul play offence. I would be interested to know why you think a yellow card only?
:lol: :lol: When I saw it live I said to my son, "he's gone", couldn't believe he got away with it, just lucky Robertson saw him coming.
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:07 am Cyril always goes missing when you talk smack about his beloved Spuds & Harry..
Sorry, some of us have a job. ;-)
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:04 pmAlso fantastic that the Referee was brave enough to call the big decisions without the intervention of VAR, he had a solid game and he and his officials had a positive impact on the match.
:lol: French magazine L'Equipe gave him 2/10
Danny Blanchflower

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:08 am
thebeautifulgame wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:04 pmAlso fantastic that the Referee was brave enough to call the big decisions without the intervention of VAR, he had a solid game and he and his officials had a positive impact on the match.
:lol: French magazine L'Equipe gave him 2/10

Bet they gave a high score to the one they had in the QF.