AFL 2023

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Re: AFL 2023

Post by Just Dave now »

dew gone now watch gold coast get up this week
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

They have tried this tactic a few times. Thought they would get away with it again.

Exclusive: Both Aliir Aliir and Lachie Jones have now been put in the concussion protocol and will miss this week v Geelong. Port Adelaide have been issued with a please explain by the AFL after Aliir was not given a SCAT5 test after his head knock

https://twitter.com/RalphyHeraldSun/sta ... _&ref_url=

Port Adelaide doctor Mark Fisher:

“Upon reviewing the vision of the incident again, Aliir should have undergone SCAT testing at the time immediately following the collision."

https://twitter.com/DavidZita1/status/1 ... _&ref_url=

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

whats the bet there was pressure from the coaching staff not to conduct the SCAT5 test....

looks like the Doctor is taking the fall for the Club...
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

MegaBonus wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:09 pm whats the bet there was pressure from the coaching staff not to conduct the SCAT5 test....

They need to ask what the players remember from that day. My guess is nothing at all

The Bourne Identity
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Bourne Identity »

Who says they'll give an honest answer?
I can't put my finger on it but I think my avatar looks like Jay Walking.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Cooper wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:22 pm
MegaBonus wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:09 pm whats the bet there was pressure from the coaching staff not to conduct the SCAT5 test....

They need to ask what the players remember from that day. My guess is nothing at all
Might be a case do you remember or do you want to remember Saturday night.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Crazy round of footy, Bombers getting smashed, West Coast beating the Bulldogs and the utter disgrace from the goal umpire killing of the probability of the Crows reaching the finals.

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

Cooper wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:39 pm Crazy round of footy, Bombers getting smashed, West Coast beating the Bulldogs and the utter disgrace from the goal umpire killing of the probability of the Crows reaching the finals.
Sydney are worth more to the ALF in the finals than backwater Adelaide

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

zzz wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:20 pm
Cooper wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:39 pm Crazy round of footy, Bombers getting smashed, West Coast beating the Bulldogs and the utter disgrace from the goal umpire killing of the probability of the Crows reaching the finals.
I don't doubt this. If it was a Victorian club there would a huge uproar and it would go very differently.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Cooper wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:28 am
I don't doubt this. If it was a Victorian club there would a huge uproar and it would go very differently.
Yeah right. They deliberately made sure there would be a bad call at the game's death to better the chances of Sydney going in. These "conspiracies" know no bounds. :lol:
Ignore this signature

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Bomber wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:44 am
Yeah right. They deliberately made sure there would be a bad call at the game's death to better the chances of Sydney going in. These "conspiracies" know no bounds. :lol:
I think it was a huge error of the umpire not to review it and im certain if it was an Melbourne team things would be going different after all we all know the AFL is run in Victoria and thats where the big money is.
Of course we dont know what would have happened in the last minute and we never will. Its a shame on the AFL and the umpires.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Cooper wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:22 am
I think it was a huge error of the umpire not to review it and im certain if it was an Melbourne team things would be going different after all we all know the AFL is run in Victoria and thats where the big money is.
Of course we dont know what would have happened in the last minute and we never will. Its a shame on the AFL and the umpires.
Possibly the worst goal umpire decision I've seen, no doubt, but to call it a conspiracy is a bit rich. Instead of celebrating the goal, they should have waited the all-clear and surrounded the umps if they saw it as a blunder to pressure them into at least reviewing it. Thats what a Collingwood would have done.
Any issues with the point awarded to Footscray when Tony Liberatore celebrated as though it was a goal in the '97 prelim final, won by Crows (3 points I think)? Swings/roundabouts. :|
Ignore this signature

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Bomber wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:57 am
Cooper wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:22 am
Possibly the worst goal umpire decision I've seen, no doubt, but to call it a conspiracy is a bit rich. Instead of celebrating the goal, they should have waited the all-clear and surrounded the umps if they saw it as a blunder to pressure them into at least reviewing it. Thats what a Collingwood would have done.
Any issues with the point awarded to Footscray when Tony Liberatore celebrated as though it was a goal in the '97 prelim final, won by Crows (3 points I think)? Swings/roundabouts. :|
Conspiracy nah i dont think so. Just a colossal error that would have been dealt with differently after the game.

Very different time back then with a very different scoring system in terms of no reviews etc

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Unread post by Bomber » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:27 am

are you suggesting it was a goal??? i have never ever heard any commentary about it being a goal thus robbing the Bulldogs a GF spot.
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:32 am
Unread post by Bomber » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:27 am

are you suggesting it was a goal??? i have never ever heard any commentary about it being a goal thus robbing the Bulldogs a GF spot.
I don't know if it was or wasn't. Libber and his team mates nearby at the time certainly thought it was a goal. If there was a "Victorian" bias, wouldn't they have signalled a goal anyway?
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

I understand 'swings and roundabouts but the AFL have apologised twice this year for calls that have cost the Crows 8 points (no free kick to Dawson in the last seconds V Pies)....that puts us in the 8 and West Coast to play this week.....

i'd be asking for a priority draft pick....an extra 2nd round would be fair.

Imagine if it was the Pies/Bombers...Eddie would be calling for a court injunction

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

The afl have just announced a special moral finalists ribbon is to be awarded to the crows in September.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Goal umpires now too scared to fart in case they shite their pants, same absolute special arc reviews this round

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Going to be a very open finals campaign, no real stand out IMO, would not be suprised if one of the team in 5-8 make the GF

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Rookie wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:54 pm Going to be a very open finals campaign, no real stand out IMO, would not be suprised if one of the team in 5-8 make the GF
I think the likely outcome is Brisbane VS Collingwood but it can definitely go a completely different way.

The Crows would have won it easy :grin:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

The Dees for me, especially if they win the first final.
Ignore this signature

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Cooper wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:01 pm
Rookie wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:54 pm Going to be a very open finals campaign, no real stand out IMO, would not be suprised if one of the team in 5-8 make the GF
I think the likely outcome is Brisbane VS Collingwood but it can definitely go a completely different way.

:lol: did you see the Cats for the mad Monday dress up, fricken classic dress up giving the crows shite

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Bomber wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:10 pm The Dees for me, especially if they win the first final.
looked a little banged up yesterday but if i had to tip a team now they would be it

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Rookie wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:48 pm
Cooper wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:01 pm

:lol: did you see the Cats for the mad Monday dress up, fricken classic dress up giving the crows shite
Yeah i did, it was very well done.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Meanwhile Essendon players were almost unrecognizable dressed up as actual AFL footballers in their mad Monday shenanigans..... :oops: :P
Ignore this signature

The Bourne Identity
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Bourne Identity »

What is mad monday?
I can't put my finger on it but I think my avatar looks like Jay Walking.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Got to be happy today Blues finally made the finals and won , looking forward to big night Friday as we take on Demons .

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Just saw the Ch7 news. Greg Griffen getting involved in the Gaza Football club saga. The ambulance chaser never misses an opportunity.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

i think you have the wrong bloke....Griffin is no ambulance chaser.....

Qualifications

Bachelor of Laws – University of Adelaide
FIFA Diploma in Football Law
Admitted to the Supreme Court of South Australia
(also practices regularly in NSW and VIC)
Admitted to the High Court of Australia

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

forgot to add......if i can have one wish (maybe 2).....
  • for the powwwwwwer to get knocked out in straight sets and for Trderea to declare "i told you so"
  • for the magpies to lose the GF to either brisbane/GWs by 1 point and for De Goey to go on another Bali bender