First victims of Dribl?

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

First victims of Dribl?

Post by English »

Esplanade beat PAC 9-0 and 2-0 in the 1st round of the cup, but both teams have now been replaced in the second round by PAC.

I’m assuming they know how to use Dribl as the results are there, but does anyone know why the result was overturned?

If it was an issue with them using Dribl, it would be great for the league to highlight any issues which might impact clubs if they are going to reverse results. Otherwise if they’ve played an ineligible player then that’s on them.

Also on Dribl, I can see we’ve already got two reserves games for the second round of the cup with results - week 2 of the season and clubs are already running thin?

How has everyone found Dribl so far?

democrat
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: First victims of Dribl?

Post by democrat »

English wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:43 pm Esplanade beat PAC 9-0 and 2-0 in the 1st round of the cup, but both teams have now been replaced in the second round by PAC.

I’m assuming they know how to use Dribl as the results are there, but does anyone know why the result was overturned?

If it was an issue with them using Dribl, it would be great for the league to highlight any issues which might impact clubs if they are going to reverse results. Otherwise if they’ve played an ineligible player then that’s on them.

Also on Dribl, I can see we’ve already got two reserves games for the second round of the cup with results - week 2 of the season and clubs are already running thin?

Biggest load of crap

In the way
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by In the way »

English wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:43 pm Esplanade beat PAC 9-0 and 2-0 in the 1st round of the cup, but both teams have now been replaced in the second round by PAC.

shite

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

Not just me then :grin:

dhoyle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by dhoyle »

English wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:43 pm
does anyone know why the result was overturned?
I heard that Espy had to tape numbers on to their kits due to kit shortage, PAC recorded the game and sent it to the League, who didn't approve of this.

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

dhoyle wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:31 am
English wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:43 pm
does anyone know why the result was overturned?
I heard that Espy had to tape numbers on to their kits due to kit shortage, PAC recorded the game and sent it to the League, who didn't approve of this.
I’m assuming the referee recognised this and allowed the game to go ahead.

Imagine getting belted and still having the cheek to complain to the league :lol:

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

In the way wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:42 am

shite
Very ordinary .

edenhazard
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by edenhazard »

PAC lost 15-0 in the reserves and 10-1 in the first team :lol:

Get In The Car
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Get In The Car »

Now they can concentrate on the league.

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

ozzie owl wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:36 pm
In the way wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:42 am

shite
Very ordinary .
From a team managers pov.... bloody fantastic .. easy to use

The Bourne Identity
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Bourne Identity »

Took a little while to get used to in the beginning.
I can't put my finger on it but I think my avatar looks like Jay Walking.

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

The Bourne Identity wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:15 pm Took a little while to get used to in the beginning.

I’ve noticed some clubs, even in FSA for some weeks don’t have any lineups. Not sure if they were repercussions for that?

The Bourne Identity
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Bourne Identity »

That doesn't really affect me. More curious as to who is playing who. Not going ahead because of referee shortages would be worth knowing.
I can't put my finger on it but I think my avatar looks like Jay Walking.