England v australia

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: England v australia

Post by God is an Englishman »

Cooper wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:18 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:10 pm
Cooper wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:08 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:03 pm
Cooper wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:40 pm Facts dont lie.

Currently

Australia
- 3/5 World titles
- Ranked top in 3/5 ICC rankings
- Ranked above england in 4/5 ICC rankings.
- Current Ashes holder for the last 6 years (which as we all know is the pinnacle of all cricket).

england
- 2 trophies
- Ranked above Australia in 1 ranking
- Zero number 1 rankings
- Hasnt held the Ashes for over 6 years

So how exactly are england currently better than Australia at cricket?

World Cups
England 2 australia 1
Last ashes series DRAW
Last 2 tests - England won.

You're correct. The facts don't lie.

England well ahead.
Nothing like cherry picking is there haha, while ignoring all the facts.

Its simple and clear Australia is currently better and overall in history better than england at cricket. Sucks to be english and a cricket fan.
Right back at you on that one.

2 world cups > 1 world cup.

Last series was a draw

Last 2 tests were won by England.

Ignore them all you want.
Keep going, its funny to watch you squirm. You english are a funny bunch and not ha ha funny.
Squirm hahaha

2 > 1 my old pedigree

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

So confirmed Australia is better at cricket and basketball, we will let you have football if you beat the Matildas tomorrow night, if you dont then we get that too.
Australia takes the Olympics since england cant do it by themselves and have to have multiple other countries join them to only narrowly beat us.
Australia also takes the commonwealth games and shows england cant beat us by themselves.
Not looking for england at all.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:38 pm So confirmed Australia is better at cricket and basketball, we will let you have football if you beat the Matildas tomorrow night, if you dont then we get that too.
Australia takes the Olympics since england cant do it by themselves and have to have multiple other countries join them to only narrowly beat us.
Australia also takes the commonwealth games and shows england cant beat us by themselves.
Commonwealth games are not a sport

Olympic games are not a sport

Basketball is not a worthwhile sport.

Even if the sheilaroos win tomorrow, England still FAR superior.

Cricket - 2>1

So, it seems you can't name a worthwhile sport that you're better than us at either. It's great being English.

It's sad really, australia used to be OK at sport.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:51 pm
Cooper wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:38 pm So confirmed Australia is better at cricket and basketball, we will let you have football if you beat the Matildas tomorrow night, if you dont then we get that too.

Cricket - 2>1

So, it seems you can't name a worthwhile sport that you're better than us at either. It's great being English.

Correct not a sport, its many sports in which we are better.

Considering you cant/wont give a list of worthwhile sports based on your opinion i have done what i can to show Australia's dominance over england.

We could bring in the population percentage argument but we all know that it would make you lot cry as to our destruction of you.

Unless you are willing to set some parameters i guess you have lost as per usual.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:04 pm

Cricket - 2>1

Considering you cant/wont give a list of worthwhile sports based on your opinion i have done what i can to show Australia's dominance over england.

We could bring in the population percentage argument but we all know that it would make you lot cry as to our destruction of you.

Unless you are willing to set some parameters i guess you have lost as per usual.
You see this is where you have failed. I never once said there wasn't a sport, just that we couldn't name one.

Maybe you can. So far you haven't though.

Keep on trying though.

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

this is just pure gaslighting which is what you do when you're exposed (which is a lot)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

zzz wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:21 am
this is just pure gaslighting which is what you do when you're exposed (which is a lot)
How is it gaslighting?

You run away more than Del when exposed (which is a lot).

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Basketball is played worldwide, gets good crowds and decent players can earn a fortune. Seems worthwhile to me.
Ignore this signature

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Bomber wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:13 am Basketball is played worldwide, gets good crowds and decent players can earn a fortune. Seems worthwhile to me.
It doesnt fit their narrative.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:03 pm

Cricket - 2>1

You see this is where you have failed. I never once said there wasn't a sport, just that we couldn't name one.

Keep on trying though.
Rightio thanks for the irrelevant comment.

So still a no on providing and sort of opinion base list i see. I guess i can see why you dont want to as we have already proven multiple sport we are better at you dont want to give us more sport to shame you in.

Continue on as per normal, its quite funny.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:13 am Basketball is played worldwide, gets good crowds and decent players can earn a fortune. Seems worthwhile to me.
But it's rubbish so not worthwhile.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:29 am

Cricket - 2>1

Keep on trying though.

So still a no on providing and sort of opinion base list i see. I guess i can see why you dont want to as we have already proven multiple sport we are better at you dont want to give us more sport to shame you in.

I have told you MANY times now. The whole point of the thread is that a worthwhile sport may have been missed. There is no definitive list as yet.

You have proven nothing. Not a single worthwhile sport has been mentioned. You couldn't even grasp that 2>1.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:25 pm
It's worthwhile to enough (others) so that's enough for me too. :thumbup:
Ignore this signature

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:27 pm

Cricket - 2>1

Keep on trying though.

I have told you MANY times now. The whole point of the thread is that a worthwhile sport may have been missed. There is no definitive list as yet.

You have proven nothing. Not a single worthwhile sport has been mentioned. You couldn't even grasp that 2>1.

We are not to know of the sports you do think you are better at than us. If we knew these sports we can assess your opinions then go from there to add others we are better at. it's already been shown that your opinion was wrong about cricket so its likely you were wrong on others.

So which sports did you discuss in this supposed conversation you had?

When did i not grasp that 2<1? Now your just making stuff up.

Popeye Magoo
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Popeye Magoo »

Bomber wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:50 pm
Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Shaquille O'Neal, Magic Johnson, Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Lebron James are just ones off the top of my head that would chuckle at being considered unworthy by anyone, let alone some irrelevant individual in terms of sporting achievements.
I might be old, senile, short sighted and a poor driver but give me some spinach and I'll have you for breakfast!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Case dismissed.

We can't let any rubbish sport in or you'll be trying claim aussie rules (which we're better at) or swimming next.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Popeye Magoo wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:42 pm
Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Shaquille O'Neal, Magic Johnson, Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Lebron James are just ones off the top of my head that would chuckle at being considered unworthy by anyone, let alone some irrelevant individual in terms of sporting achievements.
I have actually not even heard of some of them - Will Chamberlin as an example.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:10 pm

Cricket - 2>1

Keep on trying though.

We are not to know of the sports you do think you are better at than us. If we knew these sports we can assess your opinions then go from there to add others we are better at. it's already been shown that your opinion was wrong about cricket so its likely you were wrong on others.

Well done, now your question can be answered.

Football
Cricket
Rugby
Boxing
Formula 1

Several other sports were considered and found to be wanting on the worthwhile stakes.

You seemed to think cricket was a win for australia despite 2 > 1. Can you grasp that 2>1 now?

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:26 pm

Keep on trying though.

Football
Cricket
Rugby
Boxing
Formula 1

Several other sports were considered and found to be wanting on the worthwhile stakes.

You seemed to think cricket was a win for Australia despite 2 > 1. Can you grasp that 2>1 now?
As pointed out previously and you are aware it is 3 - 2 trophy wise to Australia. And we hold the Ashes which is the most important. Youre just digging a hole for yourself with cricket, you lost move on.

Football will depend on tonight result so still pending.
Cricket been discussed and Australia wins easily
Rugby england just above in the rankings and neither holds the world cup.
Boxing looks like 3 belts each so a draw.
F1 english win but im still not convinced you know much about the sport.

So a few there you are off on and a few you are right. Not surprised that you cant look at things without extreme bias.

What other sports can we look at, basketball already a win for us, im sure there are plenty more.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:36 pm

Keep on trying though.

Football
Cricket
Rugby
Boxing
Formula 1

You seemed to think cricket was a win for Australia despite 2 > 1. Can you grasp that 2>1 now?
As pointed out previously and you are aware it is 3 - 2 trophy wise to Australia. And we hold the Ashes which is the most important. Youre just digging a hole for yourself with cricket, you lost move on.

So a few there you are off on and a few you are right. Not surprised that you cant look at things without extreme bias.

What other sports can we look at, basketball already a win for us, im sure there are plenty more.

It's clearly 2-1 in the cricket, England win. You can keep saying 3-2 all you like.

Football - it's not even close.

Rugby it's not even close.

Boxing - I could hardly name a decent aussie boxer.

F1 - not even close.

All 5, England wins easily.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:00 pm

Football
Cricket
Rugby
Boxing
Formula 1

It's clearly 2-1 in the cricket, England win. You can keep saying 3-2 all you like.

F1 - not even close.

Keep up the cherry picking and the delusions

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:38 pm

Football
Cricket
Rugby
Boxing
Formula 1

F1 - not even close.

Keep thinking 1 > 2.

You watching the football on sunday night?

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:29 am

Football
Cricket
Rugby
Boxing
Formula 1

F1 - not even close.

Keep thinking 1 > 2.

When did i ever say or think that? Wrong as always.

No idea.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Who are the 3 australian boxing champions?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:16 am

Football
Cricket
Rugby
Boxing
Formula 1

F1 - not even close.

Keep thinking 1 > 2.

No idea.

You seemed to think cricket was a win for australia despite 2 > 1. Can you grasp that 2>1 now?

Popeye Magoo
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Popeye Magoo »

God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:23 pm
Which means you have a limited knowledge on world sport, therefore a very blinkered overview.
I might be old, senile, short sighted and a poor driver but give me some spinach and I'll have you for breakfast!

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:30 am

F1 - not even close.

Keep thinking 1 > 2.

No idea.

Thanks for showing I never said or thought that. Glad you can admit you were wrong as usual.

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Popeye Magoo wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:39 am
Which means you have a limited knowledge on world sport, therefore a very blinkered overview.
I'm pretty certain the many many sports where england suck at which would be a lot, don't fit into his opinion based narrative.
Not knowing who Wilt Chamberlain is just proves it.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Popeye Magoo wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:39 am
I also know very little about world tiddlywinks.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Cooper wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:52 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:30 am

F1 - not even close.

Keep thinking 1 > 2.

No idea.

Thanks for showing I never said or thought that. Glad you can admit you were wrong as usual.

It shows you thought it.

Can you grasp that 2>1 now?