England Squad

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

England Squad

Post by ozzie owl »

England squad for next two games

Phillips and Maguire both picked despite zero minutes this season between them this season.

Goalkeepers: Sam Johnstone (Crystal Palace), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal)

Defenders: Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Levi Colwill (Chelsea), Lewis Dunk (Brighton & Hove Albion), Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Fikayo Tomori (AC Milan), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle United), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Jordan Henderson (Al-Ettifaq), Kalvin Phillips (Manchester City), Declan Rice (Arsenal)

Forwards: Eberechi Eze (Crystal Palace), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Bayern Munich), James Maddison (Tottenham), Eddie Nketiah (Arsenal), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Callum Wilson (Newcastle United)

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: England Squad

Post by Nice One Cyril »

ozzie owl wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:18 am England squad for next two games

Phillips and Maguire both picked despite zero minutes this season between them this season.

Goalkeepers: Sam Johnstone (Crystal Palace), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal)

Defenders: Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Levi Colwill (Chelsea), Lewis Dunk (Brighton & Hove Albion), Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Fikayo Tomori (AC Milan), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle United), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Jordan Henderson (Al-Ettifaq), Kalvin Phillips (Manchester City), Declan Rice (Arsenal)

Forwards: Eberechi Eze (Crystal Palace), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Bayern Munich), James Maddison (Tottenham), Eddie Nketiah (Arsenal), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Callum Wilson (Newcastle United)
:lol: How many bottle of shiraz forwards does he need? And Jordan Henderson, please :oops:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:52 pm

:lol: How many bottle of shiraz forwards does he need? And Jordan Henderson, please :oops:
To be fair the lEze, Foden and Maddison are more attacking midfielders than forwards. I agree Henderson should be left out along with Maguire and Phillips. Mind you on form your favourite player Sterling has a case to be included.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

ozzie owl wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:45 pm

To be fair the lEze, Foden and Maddison are more attacking midfielders than forwards. I agree Henderson should be left out along with Maguire and Phillips. Mind you on form your favourite player Sterling has a case to be included.
Just what I was thinking but you beat me to it. At least his favourite manager is still in the job! ;-)

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

ozzie owl wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:45 pm

Funny enough I said to my mate in England, who also thinks Sterling is toilet, that he looks like he's dropped 10 years. Maybe it's the Pochettino effect, but he looks dangerous again. Still can't pass and runs looking at his boots, but much more direct.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Midfield Maestro
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Midfield Maestro »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:52 pm :lol: How many bottle of shiraz forwards does he need?

In all seriousness though, I'll be very excited for England if he selects all 9 in the lineup. It will be a very attacking team to watch.
As soon as you're born you start dying.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

I don't believe I have ever disliked anyone in football more than I dislike Southgate

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:09 pm I don't believe I have ever disliked anyone in football more than I dislike Southgate
:lol: Thanks Pinocchio
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Good to see Henderson and Maguire distinguishing themselves and proving the doubters completely correct. :oops:
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:41 am Good to see Henderson and Maguire distinguishing themselves and proving the doubters completely correct. :oops:

At least they both didn’t play below expectations .

Surely Colwill in for Maguire .

Any of the midfielders for Henderson would be an improvement .

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

ozzie owl wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:58 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:41 am Good to see Henderson and Maguire distinguishing themselves and proving the doubters completely correct. :oops:

We simply have no creativity in the middle, hence why Kane has to keep dropping deep to get the ball (great ball for the goal btw). Southgate picks Maddison, then puts him on the wing, pathetic management.
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:46 pm

We simply have no creativity in the middle, hence why Kane has to keep dropping deep to get the ball (great ball for the goal btw). Southgate picks Maddison, then puts him on the wing, pathetic management.
I couldn't work why he stuck Maddison out wide reminds how past England managers used to stick the like of Cole and Scholes in the same position.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

ozzie owl wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:31 pm

I couldn't work why he stuck Maddison out wide reminds how past England managers used to stick the like of Cole and Scholes in the same position.
England were absolute rubbish against Ukraine, I was hoping the Blue & Yellows would have won and shown them up.
Henderson was so slow and looked uninterested in the game.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Old Master wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:38 pm
ozzie owl wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:31 pm

England were absolute rubbish against Ukraine, I was hoping the Blue & Yellows would have won and shown them up.
Henderson was so slow and looked uninterested in the game.
When Ukraine scored Maguire was marking the other England CB Guehi?

My Line up for Scotland match

Pickford

Walker Colwill Geuhi Chilwell

Rice Bellingham

Saka Maddison Rashford

Kane

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Fair enough team but for me I don't really get the Rashford thing. Swap him for Eze, about time he got a decent run. He can play and at least he looks like he gives a cabernet

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:06 pm Fair enough team but for me I don't really get the Rashford thing. Swap him for Eze, about time he got a decent run. He can play and at least he looks like he gives a cabernet
Agree and I reckon Ramsdale must be due a start, I think he's better than Pickford.
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:31 pm
N5 1BH wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:06 pm Fair enough team but for me I don't really get the Rashford thing. Swap him for Eze, about time he got a decent run. He can play and at least he looks like he gives a cabernet
Agree and I reckon Ramsdale must be due a start, I think he's better than Pickford.
Ramsdale only beaten by own goal from Maguire.

Only seen highlights but how good is Bellingham and still only 20.?

Mentality Monster
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Mentality Monster »

Guessing, based on all the above, no one is upset SlabHead got himself on to the opposition team sheet again? Surely, picking him now, is a sackable offence...
There is legitimate trophy potential in the England side, but Southgate just seems determined to fk it up.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

England squad for next two matches:

Goalkeepers: Sam Johnstone, Jordan Pickford, Aaron Ramsdale

Defenders: Levi Colwill, Lewis Dunk, Marc Guehi, Harry Maguire, John Stones, Fikayo Tomori, Kieran Trippier, Kyle Walker, Trent Alexander-Arnold

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham, Conor Gallagher, Jordan Henderson, Kalvin Phillips, Declan Rice

Forwards: Jarrod Bowen, Phil Foden, Jack Grealish, Harry Kane, James Maddison, Eddie Nketiah, Marcus Rashford, Bukayo Saka, Ollie Watkins