Nothing to see here.

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

gameon
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Nothing to see here.

Post by gameon »

Interesting to see ARBE C grade winning the league yesterday. Played a catch-up game Thurs. against Titans and win 3-2. Played them again at home on Sat. needing to win by 15 goals to snatch top spot and win 15-0. Club ref only gave them 6 penalties so it wouldn't look too suspicious. Bosa Cs must be spewing. That's football I guess.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: Nothing to see here.

Post by Bomber »

gameon wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:17 pm Interesting to see ARBE C grade winning the league yesterday. Played a catch-up game Thurs. against Titans and win 3-2. Played them again at home on Sat. needing to win by 15 goals to snatch top spot and win 15-0. Club ref only gave them 6 penalties so it wouldn't look too suspicious. Bosa Cs must be spewing. That's football I guess.
Happened before when Ghan won 28-4 to pip Polonia amateurs on goal difference on final game of season around 5 or 6 years ago. A true farce.
Ignore this signature

dhoyle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by dhoyle »

Not the first time ARBE's had some very interesting officiating in their C grade home games over the years.

Previously have witnessed - Linesman being sent off for telling the ref the home crowd was abusing him, keeper sent off for calmly questioning a penalty awarded, player sent off for 2 light challenges that most wouldn't award a free kick for, and later only giving a yellow to his team after a clear late studs up challenge.

Other clubs this year have reported they were unable to score goals as any time they hit the back of the net it was deemed offside, with the linesman at the other end being overruled each time.

From what I've heard of the Titan's game, there were 5 penalties, 6 yellow cards, one red card, and goals scored from clear handballs, and as much extra time as was needed for ARBE to meet exactly the goal difference needed for the C grade to win the league before they get relegated.

Not sure why Titan's didn't abandon the game and only give them a 3.0 result

gameon

Post by gameon »

dhoyle wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:50 am Not the first time ARBE's had some very interesting officiating in their C grade home games over the years.

Previously have witnessed - Linesman being sent off for telling the ref the home crowd was abusing him, keeper sent off for calmly questioning a penalty awarded, player sent off for 2 light challenges that most wouldn't award a free kick for, and later only giving a yellow to his team after a clear late studs up challenge.

Other clubs this year have reported they were unable to score goals as any time they hit the back of the net it was deemed offside, with the linesman at the other end being overruled each time.

From what I've heard of the Titan's game, there were 5 penalties, 6 yellow cards, one red card, and goals scored from clear handballs, and as much extra time as was needed for ARBE to meet exactly the goal difference needed for the C grade to win the league before they get relegated.

Not sure why Titan's didn't abandon the game and only give them a 3.0 result
Yeah the bloke's got form, he also ran the line for the A's (who needed a result to avoid relegation) and his arm was spring loaded every time Titans got in ARBE's half. I know we can't play without a ref but some club refs are ruining the game with their deliberate biases. Take note SAASL, it is now causing a lot of ill feelings between clubs and it is the leagues plan to expand it.

QuodUnusQuiPulsat
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by QuodUnusQuiPulsat »

ARBE only won 14-0 - they added on a goal after news came through of BOSA's result.

gameon

Post by gameon »

QuodUnusQuiPulsat wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:05 am ARBE only won 14-0 - they added on a goal after news came through of BOSA's result.
The score on Dribl says 15-0 and would have had to be confirmed by Titans to be official and correct. Maybe SAASL need to take a closer look to ensure the integrity of the league is maintained. (sarcasm intended)

edenhazard
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by edenhazard »

imagine wrecking the reputation of ur club for a c grade title :lol:

QuodUnusQuiPulsat
Apprentice
Apprentice

edenhazard wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:19 am imagine wrecking the reputation of ur club for a c grade title :lol:
In a relegation year too

gameon

Post by gameon »

QuodUnusQuiPulsat wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:23 am
edenhazard wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:19 am imagine wrecking the reputation of ur club for a c grade title :lol:
In a relegation year too
Good luck to Div. 2 Cs next year. At least they know what to expect.

gameon

Post by gameon »

Apparently Memo from SAASL to all clubs stating that an investigation is now under way. Credit where credits due. Well done SAASL. Lets wait and see.

QuodUnusQuiPulsat
Apprentice
Apprentice

ARBE's title win to be overturned - confirmed by a good source.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

QuodUnusQuiPulsat wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:57 am ARBE's title win to be overturned - confirmed by a good source.
Heinz ???

QuodUnusQuiPulsat
Apprentice
Apprentice

bloodypassit wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:29 am
QuodUnusQuiPulsat wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:57 am ARBE's title win to be overturned - confirmed by a good source.
Heinz ???
Joe

edenhazard
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by edenhazard »

the arbe leading goalscorer as recorded on dribl didnt get the div 7 leading goalscorer award last night :???:

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

edenhazard wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:45 pm the arbe leading goalscorer as recorded on dribl didnt get the div 7 leading goalscorer award last night :???:
Did they get awarded the title?

edenhazard
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by edenhazard »

No pics on SAASL Facebook page for that division but there is for every other one :roll:

gameon

Post by gameon »

The Sat. Premier C grade is the title in dispute. The leading scorer from that division was awarded to a Lion player even though the RBE player scored more on Dribl. Time for an announcement from SAASL to clarify matters.

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

edenhazard wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:52 pm No pics on SAASL Facebook page for that division but there is for every other one :roll:
I did notice that when I looked through them last night.

gameon

Post by gameon »

The DC met 2 weeks ago so a decision must have been made. I presume the league winners plaque was handed out on Fri. night. Does anybody who attended know who won it?

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

gameon wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:03 pm The DC met 2 weeks ago so a decision must have been made. I presume the league winners plaque was handed out on Fri. night. Does anybody who attended know who won it?
It was announced at the start of the night Premier C wouldn't be awarded while there is still an investigation ongoing

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

The season finished 6 weeks ago, how does it take this long?

dhoyle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by dhoyle »

English wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:45 pm The season finished 6 weeks ago, how does it take this long?
People in the ARBE camp told me weeks ago the investigation is done with no outcome, 'deemed to not have breached anything'

I suspect the League is hesitant to set a precedent, if they start investigating every report of questionable referreeing from club ref's and taking action, they'll never get anything else done.

At the end of the day it's a C grade title, it doesn't really matter. They can police official refs a lot easier than a club ref.

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

dhoyle wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:45 am
English wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:45 pm The season finished 6 weeks ago, how does it take this long?
People in the ARBE camp told me weeks ago the investigation is done with no outcome, 'deemed to not have breached anything'

I suspect the League is hesitant to set a precedent, if they start investigating every report of questionable referreeing from club ref's and taking action, they'll never get anything else done.

At the end of the day it's a C grade title, it doesn't really matter. They can police official refs a lot easier than a club ref.
If that’s the case, why wasn’t it awarded to them? The league are worried about the backlash and rightfully so, they always let these sorts of things linger and people just get more and more frustrated. Then they hope it all goes away with their head buried in the sand.

gameon

Post by gameon »

I can see SAASL being in a difficult position. It is not easy to prove bias and cheating, even though they were aware of past indiscretions by this club ref. With ARBE's reputation now seriously damaged maybe the club could step up and not claim the title. It doesn't excuse the obvious poor behaviour but it shows the clubs intentions going forward. Whatever happens the league need to make an announcement.

gameon

Post by gameon »

I would have thought that it matters to Bosa C's after a seasons effort. If SAASL only have official refs to police they wouldn't be very busy as there is not many of them left.

dhoyle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by dhoyle »

gameon wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:11 pm

I would have thought that it matters to Bosa C's after a seasons effort. If SAASL only have official refs to police they wouldn't be very busy as there is not many of them left.
1. I get what you're saying, but it doesn't matter because it's a C grade title. No clubs getting promoted or relegated over it, no ones getting paid for winning it, and no ones losing wages next season because they couldn't win it this year.

2. The lack of official referee's is exactly the reason they can't punish club referee's, for the sake of overturning a result they lose a guy who has been refereeing games for several seasons at least (even if he's not a great ref, he is there doing it)

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

Last time I checked C grade players paid the same fees as A grade players

edenhazard
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by edenhazard »

still no news about who's won the title?

gameon

Post by gameon »

edenhazard wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:42 pm still no news about who's won the title?
I suspect SAASL has bottled it again. Probably don't want the expected backlash. SAASL 101. Just need to be upfront and explain how they reached their decision, whatever it is.

edenhazard
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by edenhazard »

Relegated and their A grade coach is gone :lol:

:clown: FC